Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor little Sadie had a bad day. She got up and peed and pooped but things went downhill fast. When she wouldn't even look at her breakfast I knew we were in trouble. She never threw up or had loose stools, but I could hear her belly rumbling. When she didn't get better within a few hours I took her to the vet. They don't think it's a big deal, but found a slightly elevated bacteria count so she's on a liquid med with a low dose on antibiotic. She likes Nutrical, so she eagerly licked some of that off my finger and she wolfed down her dinner. I just feel kind of helpless. She is so sad looking and poor Sassy doesn't understand why her sister won't play. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!

·
Registered
16,882 Posts
Yes, having a sick baby is the worst feeling in the entire world. It sounds like you may have nipped this in the bud with your quick action. I hope Sadie is feeling better soon so Sassy will have her play friend back.

·
Premium Member
21,119 Posts
I sure hope Sadie is feeling better soon. I know what you mean. I just get a sick feeling in my stomach when my babies are sick... It is just horrible when they aren't themselves..... Get well hugs to Sadie from Kallie, Catcher, and me.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sadie bounced right out of her crate this morning and seems to be fine. One thing that I forgot to mention was that I had given her the Heartguard the night before. The vet and I will now pay special attention each time I give her the Heartguard in case that is causing a tummy upset. Sassy takes Interceptor because she won't chew the Heartguard. I can always switch Sadie if need be. I'm just glad she's feeling better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, I do hate it when they are sick!!!!! Sweetie is just now coming around.

Hope your little girl bounces back soon, and you can relax a bit. I know for me, I would rather be sick myself!!!! they are so small!!!!

Feel better soon Sadie!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.