Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor little Sadie had a bad day. She got up and peed and pooped but things went downhill fast. When she wouldn't even look at her breakfast I knew we were in trouble. She never threw up or had loose stools, but I could hear her belly rumbling. When she didn't get better within a few hours I took her to the vet. They don't think it's a big deal, but found a slightly elevated bacteria count so she's on a liquid med with a low dose on antibiotic. She likes Nutrical, so she eagerly licked some of that off my finger and she wolfed down her dinner. I just feel kind of helpless. She is so sad looking and poor Sassy doesn't understand why her sister won't play. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
awww poor little Sadie~I hope her medicine makes her feel better really fast!
You probably prevented her from getting sicker by taking her to the vet so fast and on medication. Hugs and kisses for Sadie

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Yes, having a sick baby is the worst feeling in the entire world. It sounds like you may have nipped this in the bud with your quick action. I hope Sadie is feeling better soon so Sassy will have her play friend back.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awwww.....big hugs! Hope all is well sooon......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes, I hate when they are sick and I feel so helpless because they can't tell you what hurts. I really hope she is feeling much better real soon.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I sure hope Sadie is feeling better soon. I know what you mean. I just get a sick feeling in my stomach when my babies are sick... It is just horrible when they aren't themselves..... Get well hugs to Sadie from Kallie, Catcher, and me.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Lots of puppy licks from Valletta...I sure do hope Sadie is on the mend. You're right...it is so hard when they aren't feeling well. Keep us posted on her recovery.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sadie bounced right out of her crate this morning and seems to be fine. One thing that I forgot to mention was that I had given her the Heartguard the night before. The vet and I will now pay special attention each time I give her the Heartguard in case that is causing a tummy upset. Sassy takes Interceptor because she won't chew the Heartguard. I can always switch Sadie if need be. I'm just glad she's feeling better.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am late again. I just read about Sadie. I'm sorry she was ill but so very happy that she seems to be herself again. You were so swift in getting her into the Vets that I'm sure that helped. Sassy must be happy to have her sister back again.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, I do hate it when they are sick!!!!! Sweetie is just now coming around.

Hope your little girl bounces back soon, and you can relax a bit. I know for me, I would rather be sick myself!!!! they are so small!!!!

Feel better soon Sadie!!!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... glad your baby is feeling better! I know when kodie was sick it broke my heart
all he wanted to do was have me hold him all day.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm so glad she's getting better. I, too would rather be sick than to have my baby sick. It's so heartbreaking when they don't feel good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts