Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow, I have been so busy at work that I haven't had time to plan a big party for the birthday girl or anything, BUT this weekend I went to a local pet store and got Dora some special goodies for her birthday on Thursday!! I have been meaning to post for days and I don't really have the time now....but later I will come and show you guys all her presents and lots of pics of the birthday girl....I bought her her first dress now that she has stopped growing :chili: I don't think my husband is very happy with me about that but he'll tolerate it. Unfortunately I only JUST ordered it so it won't be here for a few weeks. :blush: But it still counts as a birthday present!

Dora has really grown in the last few months, not in size but in maturity. She has grown out of being a crazy puppy into the wonderful Maltese temperament I hoped she would have. For a while I was afraid we'd gotten a tiny little Energizer Bunny!! But she is calming down JUST a little and while she still loves to play she also loves to follow Mommy and Daddy around...and snuggle. :wub:

I will probably show some pics of her presents tomorrow because I don't think I can wait till her birthday to show them off! :chili: She is my spoiled little girl and I am so proud of her and love her so much!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:cheer: HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, DORA :cheer:
Can't wait to see b'day pix and love the one of you with your dad. You both look so happy. :chili:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok here are Dora's presents SO FAR!

Shark costume for Halloween, from Old Navy
2 "get the treat out of the thingy" toys
a get the squeaky birds out of the stuffed bird house toy
dog friendly birthday "pie"
a plush birthday toy that plays Happy Birthday

She's also getting some treats I ordered online, although I only ordered them last night so they probably won't be here by her birthday (poor planning on my part). I also ordered a Madan brush, and her first dress! I'm sure the dress will take a little while but I'll definitely subject her to a photo shoot when it gets here. :D

She is a spoiled, spoiled little girl! :wub:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
She looks so happy with her Daddy, he is so sweet with her. :heart:

That treat ball you got her, I gave Lola a couple of weeks ago, she loves it... I think it may well be a hit :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Happy 1st Birthday Dora! You look so cute with your Daddy! I love all the presents and can't wait to see you in that ADORABLE dress! Ofcourse I know you'll look BEAUTIFUL in it because you are too cute for words!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so Dora's birthday!

Woke her up at 4 AM cause I had to go to work, but I'm sure she went right back to sleep after. So cute all squinty eyed though. Then when my hubby came home we sang Happy Birthday to her and I put her smaller presents in a bag so she could 1: have fun removing them, and 2: destroy the bag later, which she did. I was pretty pleased that she liked the stuffed birdhouse puzzle toy a LOT, but bummed when she popped the treat out of the "everlasting treat" toy in like 10 minutes. :( She played a little with her stuffed birthday cake, but what she wanted was real cake.....

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Birthday part 2.....

So we finally gave her the little birthday pie I bought last weekend and she looooved it (mistake to give it to her on the carpet though! It got all over the place!) Then I forced her into her halloween costume which she hates very very very much! It's funny watching her bite the shark teeth. But I think she was out of sorts from too many treats because she's been alternating between mopey and barky for the last couple hours....little miss birthday girl is cranky!! :)

I'll show you guys the dress when it comes in. She'll get a bath then too, I wanted her to get a bath for her big day but she's going to see her German Shepherd mix "Uncle Trace" this weekend and run around in the holes he dug in the backyard, so I couldn't talk my husband into bathing her when we knew she would get filthy on Saturday. :)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts