Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo I wanted to switch Dora over to Natural Balance (Potato and Venison right now). She's not eating this morning. Other than that she seems fine so I think it's a snub. Do you guys think she would she eat another flavor of it or will she be likely to snub all the similar Natural Balance foods? I don't want to buy more Natural Balance if she's gonna turn up her nose at that too...I want her to eat! Arrrgh all this research of what's good for her and she won't eat it....little stinker. :duh oh:

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Both of mine love NB venison and wolf it right down. I do add some water because the pieces are a little larger than some other foods so I let the water soften the edges a bit.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Try adding a half tsp. of cottage cheese or yogurt. That may entice her.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I would suggest trying a different brand...mine ate the NB Sweet Potato & Venison, but didn't care for it nearly as much as Orijen 6 Fresh Fish. Can you get Orijen or Acana in your area?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well now I feel dumb. She's been eating normally ever since I posted. Way to make me look paranoid Dora! :angry: Hubby thinks we were overfeeding her so we cut down a little bit and she seems ready to eat at mealtime but not starving. Victory!

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
My babies don't seem to like NB either. So, I add something to it, Parmasean cheese, canned food, cottage cheese, yogurt. Seems like they gobble it down when there's anything there besides the kibbles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts