Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The bottle of Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics I ordered arrived in the mail today, and I just had a quick question about dosing.

The bottle states to add 1/4tsp daily per 30lbs of body weight. Since both London & Preston are 7lbs, should they only get a portion of that? My understanding is that they should still each get 1/4tsp, but I don't want to overdose them if that is even possible.

Also, I should be doing half of their daily dose at each meal, rather than adding it to their food at only one of their meals, correct?

Tonight, since I was not 100% sure on the dosage, I gave them each 1/8tsp and oh my gosh, they loved it coated on their kibble! They picked up the first few kibbles and licked the powder off before finally deciding to eat the actual food...they just wanted the powder at first. lol

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! Yes, I saw that it needs to be refrigerated...that is a major downside, but I understand why it has to be! I guess if I end up doing a canned, homecooked, or dehydrated/freeze-dried diet it won't be as difficult to remember to add it to their food.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Lisa, I hope this helps solve London's tummy issues!! By the way, when I got my first bottle of this stuff, I didnt know I had to keep it in the fridge (didnt see that on the label :blush:) so I used about half of it before I found out. Then I had to toss it all out and buy a new one! :smilie_tischkante: Also, I had just been giving Bailey 1/8 tsp mixed in with his dinner once a day...I just halfed the dosage on the label but now I see its okay to give the full 1/4 tsp a day. Thanks for asking the question :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts