Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dakota graciously allowed me to practice my double toppies today ....

I know they are not perfect - they seem too far back on the head? should they be more to the front?

I would really love to get some tips on how everyone else does them??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Good job, Jac! I think they look great! So move them forward a bit and see how you like them.....I take all of two minutes to put Abbey's doubles in, but I just like the way she looks in them.

Now with Ava's "show" top knots.......:smilie_tischkante:.....I did them a few times, but never did get the knack of that!!! In fact I'm cutting her entire top knot off on our next trip to the groomer....:unsure:....the easier, the better is my motto. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
awww - they look really cute!

Use less hair - I use a lot less hair for doubles - like don't take hair as far back.
Also I comb the hair forward and then tie - but they'd be going in papers then so wouldn't be in the dogs face.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
They might look a little far back but it might be the angle of the piccie too. When I do my pigtails on the girls they wind up a little far back like that but I have bows on the front w/ little decorative buttons so they have to sit back a bit. Top knots tend to be a bit more forward but pigtails should be back a bit or they'd hand in their face...She looks adorable,reminds me I gotta bathe my fluffies today...

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Adorable!
Kitzi has two little horns that stick straight up! They don't usually stay in long either as his hair is very silky. He looks like he could pick up several channels! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I think they look great and Dakota really looks good in the doubles. :wub:
I do the pigtails on Zoey a lot and now I'm liking them on Emy too.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Jaqui, Dakota she looks so white and so beautiful:wub: I love her piggytails, Matilda's hair on her head just doesn't grow so she ends up with little devil piggys.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
744 Posts
They look great!! I think it's a personal preference as to where to place them and how much hair to use. You will eventually find your own style for your dog ;)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! We're back to a single today .... I can do a single in 2 seconds flat, whereas I need lots more practice on the doubles!!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I think she looks precious - I'm only just able to start playing with top knots again after evil bf chopped Luna's off!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts