Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking for a new shampoo & conditioner for my fluff - Saw some of you on here have tried the dove go fresh and love it and was wondering if it's a people shampoo or they make a pooch specific one and where I can find it. Also, is there a conditioner of the same line and has anyone tried it and like it? I need a conditioner that will detangle - unfortunately, my snowy has developed some mats. :(
Also, what is "coat handler" exactly? Is it a detangler and where do I purchase it? Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Coat Handler is a conditioner for dogs. You can massage some into the mats, let set for a few minutes and then work the mats out starting from the ends with the tip of a steel comb. Never bathe a dog with mats. Always remove them first, then bathe. I haven't tried the Dove products, but have used Pantene and like it a lot .. even the conditioner.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The Dove Go Fresh shampoo/conditioner is a human product, and the one that is recommended by others is the one in the YELLOW bottle. There is also one in a green bottle that is not recommended. Stores in my area no longer carry the yellow bottles, so you may or may not be able to find it.

Coat Handler is a brand, for dogs. They have pretty good products from what I hear.

Quite a few members on SM love the PurePaws line of products, and some use Nature's Specialties. I use the NS products, but am considering trying out the PurePaws for comparison.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I just gave away an almost full gallon jug of Coat Handler shampoo. I thought it was harsh and drying to the coats and just didn't like it as much as other products. I still love Pantene shampoo and conditioner for general use, Crown Royale shampoo and conditioner for show coats, Chris Christensen's Clean Start clarifying shampoo as needed, Dawn dish detergent for dirty feet, Unicure conditioner for any and all occasions. I recently bought some Plush Puppy Natural Conditioning Shampoo. Only used it once but it seemed okay. Will have to use it a few more times before I really decide whether I like it or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I've see the pure paws sold by some smvendors but haven't been able to find the coat handler products anywhere.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts