Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the girls' some dry dog food to give them occasionally (most days they will eat home cooked meals). This is the one that the pet food store highly recommended for all ages. What do you think: Nature's Variety: Lamb & Rice Medley

Nature's Variety believes many commercially available diets targeted at life stages or special needs (e.g., puppy, senior, large breed, weight control) are in effect formulation corrections designed to overcome nutritional deficiencies inherent in largely grain based diets. These nutritional deficiencies arise from least-cost manufacturing practices that utilize large amounts of low cost grain by-products such as glutens. Glutens are generally included in kibble diets as a low cost option to increase the protein content of the food without adding more meat. For this reason Nature's Variety offers a nutritionally dense kibble formula that is appropriate for all life stages based on high meat protein content and whole grains.

Rotation

Nature's Variety Prairie Brand Dry Kibble Diets are designed to be rotated freely for variety and optimal nutrition. A growing body of scientific research recommends feeding variety, including fresh food. To rotate Nature's Variety Dry Kibble Diets, just change proteins each time (or every other time) a new product is purchased from your store. To learn more about rotation, click here.

Natural, Wholesome Ingredients

Meat protein is the first ingredient in each formula. Meat proteins make up over 40% of the ingredients in each production batch of Nature’s Variety. Most dry kibble diets are 25 to 30% meat or meat and bone products with some formulations even containing less than 10% or even no meat products. Nature's Variety Dry Kibble Diets are formulated to meet the needs of all life stages.

The grains present in these diets are only whole grains; never inferior grain fractions. All Nature's Variety products are naturally preserved with vitamins and herbal extracts, and sealed in oxygen limiting packaging.

Nature's Variety Dry Kibble provides over 50 trace minerals with a colloidal silicate called montmorillonite. Pet owners report that feeding Nature's Variety diets containing wholesome ingredietns have helped produce better skin and coats, optimum weight control, and overall better health.

Bio-Coating

Nature's Variety has created a healthier kibble. Benefits of raw food (enzymes, probiotics, amino acids, and essential fatty acids) are coated around each kibble to provide the microbials necessary for optimum nutrient absorption.

Nature's Variety has pioneered this unique and revolutionary concept called Bio-Coating™. All Nature’s Variety Prairie Brand Kibble Diets are coated with our freeze dried raw diet which provides microbials necessary for optimum nutrient absorption.

Bio-Coating by Nature's Variety greatly increases enzymes, unaltered bio-available amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that may otherwise be degraded during the processing necessary to produce kibble diets. The results are natural and nutritious health benefits for your pet.[/B]

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Lexi's Mom that sounds great, but wouldn't you need to freeze it to maintain the freshness of the outer coating if it is made from fresh ingredients? Just wondering if the life span of it would deteriorate over a short time.
I have had immense problems getting Scooby to eat all dry foods, but finally we found one that he will eat readily, it is Royal Canin Special 30 for small fussy dogs, and I tell you this he has taken to this one very well, much to our great relief. The bits are tiny and I think that is the secret with Scooby, he just prefers it small.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Oct 25 2005, 08:56 AM
Royal Canin Special 30 for small fussy dogs,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113242
[/QUOTE]

lol do they really have food created for small fussy dogs? I think I've heard everything!

p.s. I think that food sounds great Kristi.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well, I am not sure if the fussy dog part is true but that was on the lable and knowing Scooby has to be the King of fussy eaters it did attract my attention
I thought well this is going to challenge the quote on the pack to see if in fact it is what it says it is, and sure enough, little mister fuss bum actally gobbled it up. I did the gradual thing and mixed a little with his other kibble and he ate the new one and left the old, so there must be some truth in it because he eats it without hesitation each day, thank goodness because I have tried them all, and this is the first one he has actally taken to without the look of "if you think I am eating that crap you are very much mistaken" that we get every day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.