Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since all of you are knowledable aabout stuff---i'd thought i'd ask you this:

my sister has REALLY dry feet to the point where they crack some times. she's tried creams and everything and now she's using Bag Balm. I hate that stuff. we share socks, and she stains them yellow! :new_Eyecrazy:

anyway, she's willing to try everything (well, i've been begging her to try different creams. lol.)

thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Maybe try a heavy cream that has some fruit acids in them and get 100% cotton socks and sleep with them on. I use Aveda Foot Relief and use socks to sleep with. I use a generous amount on my feet. Another good lotion I like is Cetaphil. Its made for sensitive skin and gentle enough for face but moisturizing enough for the body. Dermatologist recommended it to people w/diabetes who get problems w/ their skin. I get really bad dry hands and every winter they crack & split but this is the only thing that works for me and it worked good on my dry heels too (after I used a foot scrubber).
I've seen some foot creams fr. Dr. Scholls that I wanted to try... I've heard that Vaseline works good too!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I like to use a sugar or salt scrub to get the dry flakies off and then I slather my feet in Aquaphor or any kind of lotion with shea butter and then I put on socks. I really think the sugar/salt scrubs that I use make all the difference, my feet feel so silky soft after using them that I almost don't even need lotions. Some of my fave websites for scrubs are:

Diva Girl Body - I love the Mandarin Lemongrass scent
Skindecent - They have TONS of scents but I like the Peppermint/Spearmint
Body Indulgences - Their coffee scrub rocks & wakes you up too

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Mary Kay Extra Emolient Night Cream (i think that is the name) is good too! (some call it pink grease) But it is really greasy...so socks are a must! Maybe buy her some slipper socks just for sleeping in...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Get a pedicure first! Get them to slough off as much dead skin as possible. And you know that block they use to slough it off? Go buy one! Use it when you shower. When I use that block(sorry can't think of the name) I use a milky soap, like dove maybe or something, and rub it on the slougher and then rub the bottom of my feet every other day or so. When you get out of the shower, put the lotion on your feet! The BEST time to put lotion on is right after you shower. And maybe put powder on the feet before you put shoes/socks on to absorb the moisture.

If you do pedicures as a routine, you only need to get it done every 2-4 weeks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 18 2004, 11:09 AM
Get a pedicure first!  Get them to slough off as much dead skin as possible. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24132
[/QUOTE]

I agree! Let them do it the first time then you just have to maintain.
I use those rough gloves in the shower that you can scrub with to get off dead skin. A lufa (sp?) also works--I like the natural ones from Whole Foods.
I also just a salt scrub and lotion from Origins. Plus they smell great!

Nicolle

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone. i forgot to tell cynthia to try the plastic bag over her feet thing......but she gets a pedicure every 2 weeks. its like her skin is tough too. i cant explain it. but i'll talk to her to try each thing till she finds one that works.

thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts