Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Times">Hi everyone
I just recently noticed that Peaches's belly is dry and flakey. Can I use human moisturizer to moisturize the skin or is there one out there made especially for pups? Also, is she missing something in her diet that could be contributing to the dryness? Maybe she's on the wrong diet?
What should I do????
</span>

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@May 31 2005, 04:18 AM
<span style="font-family:Times">Hi everyone 
  I just recently noticed that Peaches's belly is dry and flakey. Can I use human moisturizer to moisturize the skin or is there one out there made especially for pups? Also, is she missing something in her diet that could be contributing to the dryness? Maybe she's on the wrong diet?
What should I do????
</span>

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67086
[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I would suggest human moisturiser as if she is anything like Scooby she would probably lick it all off.
Maybe you need to look at her shampoo, it might be too strong for her, try a milder one with a conditioner, maybe oatmeal shampoo for puppies is the way to go there.
Also you could try putting a little vegetable oil in her food, not too much, just a 1/4 teaspoon might be enough at first.
I would also perhaps have her vet checked to make sure there isn't an allergy developing.

Janet and Scooby

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would not use a topical moisturizer cream as the dog will lick it.

1. Use a good conditioner once a week and let is sit for a few minutes. I like Cure Care for flaky skin. It is available at Sally's.

2. Add 3V Caps, fish oil caps, or flax seed oil to the food to encourage health skin from the inside out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just another small suggestion, be sure you rinse really well after bathing. Shampoo or even conditioner left on the skin can cause itching and drying...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts