Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, i need some help here. I was looking at Mit's skin and i saw that it looks flaky where i had her topknot yesterday and i checked in some other places and it looks like kinda dry with flakes too but the flakes are not on the hair there on the skin and like not loose , know what i mean ? Does this mean she has dry skin ?? If so can anyone recommend a good shampoo and conditioner to use ?? i have been using pet silks moisturing sha and cond, since i got her. Oh and i spray the detangling spray on her after a bath. Please help thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Does your home have dry air? A humidifer would help if it does. If your dog is a meat eater, eating more fish would help her skin. Eggs also help. I can't recommend a shampoo because I can't remember the name for sure....something like Seba Moist. Or Serba Moist. Something like that. How often do you bathe her? I don't bathe Sir N all that often because his skin is very sensitive (he also keeps himself a lot cleaner than Little C for a lot longer).

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that happened when sprite was a puppy. but i went to the vet and he recommended this:

i think they can be found at petsmart or petco

Derm Caps

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would also do from the inside and the outside. 3V Caps or DermCaps (I prefer 3V, Fosters and Smith has both and your vet probably carries them as well) or adding fish like canned sardines or mackeral to the diet can help the coat from the inside. From the outside, a heavier conditioner may help. This is why I love Coat Handler. You can put it on full strength, rinse it out, and then pour a light dilution over the dog and leave it in. I was never impressed with the Pet Silk products.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oatmeal conditioner should help relieve any itchiness too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts