Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good dryer for use on a grooming table? Since I have 3 babies to dry, I'd like something with good airflow, but not too expensive. Also I'm not sure if I should be getting one without heating, just airflow. I've been using my own blowdryer so far, but it is impossible to brush and dry at the same time while holding the dryer. Thanks for any help you can give

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
O just use my blow dryer i forget what its called but it like has a switch for the heat on to 3 diffrernt levels and a cold button

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
You can use a blow dryer on the lowest heat setting at least 12 inches from the body and attach it to your table with a groomer's third arm. If you want to buy a small dryer, the Super Duck dryer is probably the way to go.

I had a little dryer that sat on the table for the longest time (it was a little Oster). I finally spent the money and bought a stand dryer and bath time is so much faster and easier now.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have the Super Duck but only one dog and no table. We do that on the top of the washer and dryer. If I had 3 dogs, I would probably invest in the same thing Jackie has.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have Pet Edge's knock off of the Super Duck and a groomers 3rd arm on my grooming table and it's a great set up. I struggled with holding the dryer and trying to brush at the same time for a couple of years and this is much easier and faster!

If I had 3 Malts (and the $$$), though, I might save up for a stand dryer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You may want to check into a stand dryer. The maltese I groom are done so easily under one. I just turn it on and brush them dry with a comb and slicker. They often fall asleep it must feel really good. I use the rapid dry electric.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I think I will probably save up for a stand dryer, I can't believe how expensive they are
...maybe I can find a reconditioned one a little cheaper. I like the idea of shortening the drying time and being able to brush at the same time will be a bonus! In the meantime I am going to order a 3rd arm and just use my blower dryer a little longer. Pat

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Petedge had a dryer+stand (tabletop kind) for 19.99....maybe not the BEST quality, but for a few dogs at home probably wouldn't be bad. I am considering it myself...here is the link.Tabletop Grooming Dryer

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by tlunn@Jan 29 2005, 10:05 PM
If I am not mistaken, Petedge had a dryer+stand (tabletop kind) for 19.99....maybe not the BEST quality, but for a few dogs at home probably wouldn't be bad. I am considering it myself...here is the link.Tabletop Grooming Dryer
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32317
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link Tlunn. It does look like a good little dryer. I've decided to order a 3rd arm and use my own blow dryer for the time being & save for a stand dryer(will take me a long time because they are sooooo expensive, but will be worth it in time saved).

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Jan 30 2005, 10:22 AM
It takes me about half the time to do Mikey as it use to with the stand dryer. Definately worth saving the money for. I spent about $400 with shipping I believe from Ryan's.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32345
[/QUOTE]
Jackie, with a stand dryer how do you keep the dryer from drying just in one spot? Do you continually have to move the dog to a new position or do the dryers oscillate?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
The dryer is not only on wheels, but you can move it up and down and side to side as well as changing the direction of the air current. I usually just have it to the side of the table and the dog lays down and I move the dryer with one hand as needed to readjust its position. I can move it anywhere over the dog very easily and it stays exactly where I put it so I have 2 hands to go through his coat and brush.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Jan 30 2005, 10:30 AM
The dryer is not only on wheels, but you can move it up and down and side to side as well as changing the direction of the air current. I usually just have it to the side of the table and the dog lays down and I move the dryer with one hand as needed to readjust its position. I can move it anywhere over the dog very easily and it stays exactly where I put it so I have 2 hands to go through his coat and brush.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32349
[/QUOTE]

Gotcha...it sounds wonderful!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jan 29 2005, 10:05 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32317
[/QUOTE]

That's the dryer that I have and I love it. I compared the specs to the Super Duck and they were identical. I've got mine on a groomers 3rd arm clipped to my grooming table and it's wonderful. Lady's coat dries so much faster and better when I can dry her "hands free".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts