Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Thanksgiving, I started working out HARDCORE again. I haven't worked out this hard since afew yrs ago when I first joined the gym. I like to work out on the fitness machines and this past week I started lifting heavier weights. I've also been eating more and I try to eat carbs too because I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm building muscle so I'm trying to gain afew lbs. Why am I so tired!?!?! Since after Thanksgiving weekend, I've taken 4 naps already. Yesterday, I took a 3.5 hr nap. Is there something in my diet that I'm lacking? Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe it's because it's been ugly weather and I find it so easy to sleep when it's raining. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 6 2004, 08:52 PM
After Thanksgiving, I started working out HARDCORE again.  I haven't worked out this hard since afew yrs ago when I first joined the gym.  I like to work out on the fitness machines and this past week I started lifting heavier weights.  I've also been eating more and I try to eat carbs too because I'm not trying to lose weight.  I'm building muscle so I'm trying to gain afew lbs.  Why am I so tired!?!?!  Since after Thanksgiving weekend, I've taken 4 naps already.  Yesterday, I took a 3.5 hr nap.  Is there something in my diet that I'm lacking?  Maybe I'm crazy.  Maybe it's because it's been ugly weather and I find it so easy to sleep when it's raining.  Any ideas?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20669
[/QUOTE]

Are you getting enough protein? I do know that a meal high in carbs makes one sleepy afterward.... so be sure to get plenty of protein... such as fish, meat, eggs, cheese, tofu ..... even beans, legumes, etc.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Are you pregnant?!
No seriously...that is a SERIOUS sign...especially when you can't find anything else to pin it on...happened with me-TWICE!

You also should have your iron checked. I was tired like that last spring and just thought I was overdoing it...etc. When I went for my yearly-my iron was in the anemic range. She put me on mega iron pills-I took them for a bit, but they tore up my stomach. I think I am going to have to start them back up again though. I don't like many iron-rich foods...and hate to take pills/vitamins.

It also could be the weather, but if you are working out-that should help those winter-mood endorphins so that you don't feel the winter blues. More than likely it is something off-balance. If multi-vitamins don't help...(and an EPT comes back negative
)-then go to the dr. for a blood test to check all your levels.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TLUNN--DONT SCARE ME! Sheesh. I'm not ready. I'm still in my selfish/me me me stage! :/ I am having pregnancy signs, huh!
I'm sleepy but I'm not THAT sleepy. Don't you get so sleepy, you're too weak to do anything? I wouldnt know because I was never pregnant....*knock on tree!"

Anyway, I try to eat correctly. When my sugar's low, I get ugly and I wouldnt even be able to work out because my tummy would hurt and I'd be so weak.

I guess I should start taking my GNC's Multi mega women's vitamin. That thing is the BOMB! But they're freakin horse pills. But they make me soooooo hungry and moody. It's the "I feel like i'm pmsing so dont touch me unless you want me to open a can of whoopass on ya" feeling. But, I guess if I were eating right, I wouldn't be feeling hungry or sleepy or moody.

I also stopped drinking coffee since Thanksgiving. I try not to drink it but when my cousins came down for the holidays, I had to drink coffee in the daytime because I was drinking alcohol at night LOL.

I just worked out so I feel a little awake. But it's after midnight so that isnt necessarily good. LOL

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 7 2004, 01:18 AM
TLUNN--DONT SCARE ME!  Sheesh.  I'm not ready.  I'm still in my selfish/me me me stage!  :/  I am having pregnancy signs, huh! 
I'm sleepy but I'm not THAT sleepy.  Don't you get so sleepy, you're too weak to do anything?  I wouldnt know because I was never pregnant....*knock on tree!"

Anyway, I try to eat correctly.  When my sugar's low, I get ugly and I wouldnt even be able to work out because my tummy would hurt and I'd be so weak. 

I guess I should start taking my GNC's Multi mega women's vitamin.  That thing is the BOMB!  But they're freakin horse pills.  But they make me soooooo hungry and moody.  It's the "I feel like i'm pmsing so dont touch me unless you want me to open a can of whoopass on ya" feeling.  But, I guess if I were eating right, I wouldn't be feeling hungry or sleepy or moody. 

I also stopped drinking coffee since Thanksgiving.  I try not to drink it but when my cousins came down for the holidays, I had to drink coffee in the daytime because I was drinking alcohol at night LOL. 

I just worked out so I feel a little awake. But it's after midnight so that isnt necessarily good.  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20734
[/QUOTE]

If you think there is any chance whatsoever that you are pregnant, you probably should cut out the alcohol until you know for sure.....
That's great that you have already stopped the caffeine..... If you used to drink caffeinated beverages a lot and stopped you could easily be experiencing withdrawal .....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My roommate is having the same issue right now and she is in total denial and won't take a pregnancy test. She likes to go out and have a good time too...
She hasn't had her "special" time of the month in 6 WEEKS!!! I was like DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :new_Eyecrazy:

I would say take vitamins, excercise but don't burn yourself out. If you are hitting it really hard at the gym and your body is not used to it, it can take a few weeks to adjust.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 7 2004, 05:58 AM
If you think there is any chance whatsoever that you are pregnant, you probably should cut out the alcohol until you know for sure.....
  That's great that you have already stopped the caffeine..... If you used to drink caffeinated beverages a lot and stopped you could easily be experiencing withdrawal .....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20762
[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I also had similar symptoms when I stopped drinking pop. I was fine for the first 5 days or so and then I was really tired. Someone told me potassium can help with carb and caffine withdrawl. Don't know if that is true though.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 7 2004, 01:18 AM
TLUNN--DONT SCARE ME!  Sheesh.  I'm not ready.  I'm still in my selfish/me me me stage!  :/  I am having pregnancy signs, huh! 
I'm sleepy but I'm not THAT sleepy.  Don't you get so sleepy, you're too weak to do anything?  I wouldnt know because I was never pregnant....*knock on tree!"

I also stopped drinking coffee since Thanksgiving.  I try not to drink it but when my cousins came down for the holidays, I had to drink coffee in the daytime because I was drinking alcohol at night LOL. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20734
[/QUOTE]

My pregnancy "tired" was not so much "weak" as just "pooped"! If I sat down, I fell asleep. I would come home from work and feel like I had just run a marathon. There were several times, especially with my son, when I didn't have anyone but hubby to care for, that I would go to bed at 6 or 7 O'clock. With the seconod one, of course I couldn't do that...but my body sure wanted me to. It did go away after a few months and I felt better...but that initial tired state is awful!

The caffeine withdrawals COULD be it though. Usually when I cut out caffeine, I am better in a week or so. If I am exercising while giving up the caffeine-it usually doesn't bother me as bad.

I say take an EPT anyway if it COULD be a possiblity at all-at least rule it out (or in
) and get it off your mind.
If it is the problem...the first few weeks are the most crucial....VERY important that you take care of yourself for the development of the butterbean inside...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kaley@Dec 7 2004, 10:40 AM
I think Im late........... but im not that sure..... i am so bad at keeping track... but i take my pills everyday at the same time! 
  gosh i dont think i can welcome a baby.. i mean i would but i am not ready!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20846
[/QUOTE]

My sister got pregnant on the pills-taking them religiously...it CAN happen...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 7 2004, 10:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kaley
@Dec 7 2004, 10:40 AM
I think Im late........... but im not that sure..... i am so bad at keeping track... but i take my pills everyday at the same time! 
  gosh i dont think i can welcome a baby.. i mean i would but i am not ready!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20846

My sister got pregnant on the pills-taking them religiously...it CAN happen...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20850
[/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Kaley@Dec 7 2004, 10:45 AM
i know there is that .01 percentage... but im still going to wait another week.. it may be my change of diet.... so im not too worry YET...........
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20854
[/QUOTE]

Have you been on any antibiotics? A girl I used to work with also took her pill religiously...She hated to fly and so her doctor gave her a patch to put behind her ear... well the next month came with a little surprise! I'm so chicken..I definitly play it safe!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts