Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share something that has worked out so well for me for the past 12 years. When I had my home built I knew that I'd always have Maltese and that there would be times when I would want to limit their access to certain rooms. So I had the builder install two Dutch Doors.

As you can see from the photo, this is a solid-wood door that is cut in half so that the bottom portion can be closed. I have one in my bedroom and one in the kitchen. At night, I keep the bottom portion closed to my bedroom. That way I don't have to completely close the door, which adversely affects the heating/cooling system and yet my babies cannot leave the bedroom. It's so handy in the kitchen when the pizza man or someone else comes to the door, I can quickly put them in the kitchen (which is near my front door). It just makes things so much easier than having nothing and they function so much better and look so much better than baby gates.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Interesting...never thought of that. I one day will be remodeling, so that may well be an option! Thanks. BTW, nice room!!! Nice and neat and clean...

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is a great idea! The parts to my house that I keep closed off to Sadie are the carpeted areas which are only 3 guest bedrooms and a hall. Luckily I have that part of the house on a different A/C system. I'll remember your tip for future reference.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Elegant@Nov 27 2004, 04:16 PM
Interesting...never thought of that.  I one day will be remodeling, so that may well be an option!  Thanks.  BTW, nice room!!!  Nice and neat and clean...

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18802
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Well, I am a perfectionist, like you!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i totally hate it when that happens!! like when someone thinks of something that is basically SOOO easy....but you didnt think of it first.

its a great idea. its definitely easier than throwing your leg over to cross it like a doggie gate. lol.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Mystify79+Nov 27 2004, 08:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Nov 27 2004, 06:52 PM
its definitely easier than throwing your leg over to cross it like a doggie gate.  lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18817
LOL, I was thinking the same thing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18856
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, that was a big reason for getting the Dutch Doors. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life climbing over gates!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Nov 27 2004, 08:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Nov 27 2004, 06:52 PM
its definitely easier than throwing your leg over to cross it like a doggie gate.  lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18817
LOL, I was thinking the same thing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18856
[/B][/QUOTE]

Duh!? Why didn't I think of that either?! It is just like the doors at daycares and church nurseries that I have worked with all my life!!!
Def. a remodeling option here too....gates everywhere don't do a whole lot for the decor...ha ha.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by mee@Nov 29 2004, 07:14 AM
nice blue walls !

my bedroom wall is blue too ! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19123
[/QUOTE]

Cool!

It is very soothing isn't it? When I had it painted a couple years ago I wanted something soothing and restful.... it is called Indigo Violet.... sort of blue-ish with some violet in it. The color in the photo is not quite accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts