Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed last night that Lexi has some reddish brown crap in one of her ears. I called the vet and talk to one of the techs. She said to try just cleaning it out and see if it comes back. If it does come back to bring her in. Since the ear does not seem to be bothering her I'm going to do this. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner? Something I can order and get quickly or that I can get at PetsMart/PetCo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While we're at it...What do you recommend for drying ears after baths? I got a combo cleaner/dryer and don't like it. Its like a tooth paste consistency and doesn't see to work very well. I just makes this clumbs inside her ear.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 26 2005, 09:41 AM
ANYONE?

I was hoping to get some responses so that I can see if I can get it locally during my lunch hour.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94177
[/QUOTE]
Sorry I can't help. Thought if i posted someone would find you easier. Kinda like putting you back on top. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 26 2005, 09:48 AM
While we're at it...What do you recommend for drying ears after baths?  I got a combo cleaner/dryer and don't like it.  Its like a tooth paste consistency and doesn't see to work very well.  I just makes this clumbs inside her ear.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94159
[/QUOTE]

We had the same thing with Scooby and the vet recommended we use Oti-Soother- 11 which we bought from her. She said to use it twice a week and also after a bath because it has the drying effect also. It smells lovely too. What I did was to get a baby ear syringe from the drug store and fill that because you have to squirt it right down in the ear and then massage. It loosens up any gunk down in the ear and then you can wipe it all out. I find too that it is better to warm the syringe full just to body temp as the pup doesn't like cold squirted in the ear.
This product cleans, dried, deoderizes and acidifies so It covers everything. Since using this product Scooby's ears have been very clean and smell so nice.
I hope this helps

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Scoobydoo+Aug 26 2005, 10:16 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Aug 26 2005, 09:48 AM
While we're at it...What do you recommend for drying ears after baths?  I got a combo cleaner/dryer and don't like it.  Its like a tooth paste consistency and doesn't see to work very well.  I just makes this clumbs inside her ear.
We had the same thing with Scooby and the vet recommended we use Oti-Soother- 11 which we bought from her. She said to use it twice a week and also after a bath because it has the drying effect also. It smells lovely too. What I did was to get a baby ear syringe from the drug store and fill that because you have to squirt it right down in the ear and then massage. It loosens up any gunk down in the ear and then you can wipe it all out. I find too that it is better to warm the syringe full just to body temp as the pup doesn't like cold squirted in the ear.
This product cleans, dried, deoderizes and acidifies so It covers everything. Since using this product Scooby's ears have been very clean and smell so nice.
I hope this helps

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94193
[/B][/QUOTE]
Hmm? I did a search on the interent and can't find that one.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Aug 26 2005, 11:21 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 10:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Aug 26 2005, 09:48 AM

I hope this helps

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94193

[/QUOTE]
Hmm? I did a search on the interent and can't find that one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94195
[/B][/QUOTE]

You may need to get it at the vet's office. I just read on the bottle that it is sold exclusivly at the vet's
It is manufactured by Vitality Systems in Florida. 1-800-877-0177 is the phone number on the bottle if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I also got an ear cleaner from the vet when Tucker had an ear infection. I don't remember the name of it. If I was at home, I could check...sorry. It's probably something similar to what Scooby said, because it smells nice and you squirt it in the ear and massage it in and wipe out the excess. The vet gave me that along with ear medicine for the infection. He said to use the cleaner daily for two weeks, then about once a week after the infection cleared up. Of course, about five days after the ear infection showed up is when Tucker got sick with Parvo. His ear infection had pretty much cleared up by then anyway. Can you go to your vet during lunch or is it too far away?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to run to the vets office at lunch and get a cleanser from them. That way I know it is a good one. I will see what they recommend.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i like epi otic ...can be used after baths for drying and for regular cleaning. it smells like apple blossoms

1 - 12 of 12 Posts