Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I took Lacey to the vet today because I thought she had an ear infection - I still do. We didn't get to see our regular vet, she had an emergency, so we saw one we never have before. I told her all of Lacey's symptons. She looked in Lacey's ears and said no. She looked at her eyes and said she had eye infections and gave us an eye drop called Sterile Ophthalmic Suspension. I am to put a drop in her eyes once a day for the next 5 to 7 days. My vet listens to me. She knows I know Lacey. She herself has looked in Lacey's ears twice before and said she didn't think Lacey had an ear infection but she would swap the ear and look under the microscope and it always came back she had an ear infection. This vet today wasn't interested in what I had to say. I am mad. In my opinion Lacey's eyes are fine, I know she has an ear infection in her left ear. So tomorrow we are going back to see our regular vet. I am taking the medication back and I am insisting I not be charged an office visit fee. I had to pay $38.70 for a vet tech to weigh Lacey and nothing more. No other service except to tell me what she weighs. I could tell them what she weighs! As you can tell I am a little upset. This visit cost me $97.00 and I feel that she was treated for something she doesn't have a problem with. Oh well, at least our regular vet listens to me.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Took Lacey to see our regular vet...and she does have a slight ear infection in the left ear. My vet is great and she listens to me. She tells me all the time that I know Lacey and she doesn't so she listens to what I have to say. The vet yesterday didn't listen to me at all. Oh well, at least we got to see the regular vet and the problem is getting taken care of. But she did tell me to put the eyedrops in Lacey's eyes for the next 5 days. Lacey's left eye is a little red, proberly from the ear infection and it might give her some comfort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.