Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kiwi was scratching her ears so I took her to see the vet today...sure enough, she has an infection in each ear. He said allergies are the most common cause for ear infections. She is 3 and hasn't had this since she was a puppy. She had it when she arrived to us from her breeder. I know that some dogs are more prone to this but is there anything I can do to try and prevent it?

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Awwww! I am sorry to hear that your baby has an ear infection. My Sassy will be 3 this Friday and she had her first bout with that about 6 weeks ago. What did your vet give you to treat the infection with? Hope she feels better soon.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Awwww I am sorry to hear that, poor Kiwi

I use Oti Soothe 11 twice a week to clean Scooby's ears and this helps to keep them dry and clean inside and they do smell nice too. We bought it at the vet's office.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chelsey had and ear infection after we brought her home from the breeder as well, mind you I was not aware of it.
Well the vet gave her some medication she was on it for one month normally they prescribe it for two weeks but her ear infection was pretty bad. The vet advised me to just make sure her ears are dry after bath time. I did ask her about the ear drops for keeping the ears clean but she told me is was not required. So far so go... Knock on wood. I hope your puppy feels better soon. (don't forget to treat after you give your puppy the medication.)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,
I hate to break this yo you, but to be taken seriosly, who ever wrote HYPOCRITES, needs to spell it CORRECTLY.... WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jellybn1

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He gave Kiwi some Panalog ointment. Her appointment was at 3 yesterday afternoon and she was much better by this morning. Where she hasn't had a problem for a long time he feels it is just allergy related and doesn't require any other treatment after 1 week. I sure hope he's right.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hi,
I hate to break this yo you, but to be taken seriosly, who ever wrote HYPOCRITES, needs to spell it CORRECTLY.... WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jellybn1[/B]
Those who live in glass houses......??

Well, now....you did understand what it ment, didn't you? Thank you for explaining in your run on sentence. Now, why don't you go back and read the sixth word of your own sentence. You can't even spell YOU correctly, and then you spelled SERIOUSLY WRONG, how 'bout whoever, and you have the nerve to correct ME!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!

Did you expect me to take you seriously.

YOU are a freaken joke with your catty bullshit...you made yourself out to be a fool!! Now, go back and correct your own ONE sentence. If you couldn't get that right, you expect to be taken SERIOUSLY??

Laughs on YOU>

NOW, WHO is the hipocrite. I am now leaving it, so I can remind myself what a fool you are.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
WOW!!!!

Well...I hope we don't ever get criticized for spelling on here...because lord knows I'm a horrible speller. I just enjoy coming on here chatting with everyone, asking all the questions I need to ask and getting advice from everyone. This site and EVERYONE on it has been EXTREMELY helpful to me and Chulita.

So PLEASE don't even try to correct my spelling. Just know from NOW I suck when it comes to spelling so don't even bother trying to point out my spelling errors on any of my posts.....
LOL!!!!!

Hey Joe....we need spell check on here....LOL. I love me some spell check. LOL

·
Registered
802 Posts
WOW!!!!

Well...I hope we don't ever get criticized for spelling on here...because lord knows I'm a horrible speller. I just enjoy coming on here chatting with everyone, asking all the questions I need to ask and getting advice from everyone. This site and EVERYONE on it has been EXTREMELY helpful to me and Chulita.

So PLEASE don't even try to correct my spelling. Just know from NOW I suck when it comes to spelling so don't even bother trying to point out my spelling errors on any of my posts.....
LOL!!!!!

Hey Joe....we need spell check on here....LOL. I love me some spell check. LOL[/B]

LOLOLOLOLOL.....I am notoriously a bad speller. I am in my thirties, I have no hang ups about it. My college papers always got A's. OFCOURSE, I used spell check....who didn't?

Yes, I come here for the same reasons, leisure and learning....so far, I have picked up on alot, spelling not being one of them. That is something I never expect to master.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
WOW!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Hey Joe....we need spell check on here....LOL. I love me some spell check. LOL[/B]

LOLOLOLOLOL.....I am notoriously a bad speller. I am in my thirties, I have no hang ups about it. My college papers always got A's. OFCOURSE, I used spell check....who didn't?

Yes, I come here for the same reasons, leisure and learning....so far, I have picked up on alot, spelling not being one of them. That is something I never expect to master.

[/B]

You know what's REALLY REALLY SAD?? Not only am I 34 but my father is a ENGLISH PROFESSOR at John Jay College!! and I still suck.
He would die if he knew how bad my spelling can be...and I think those bad spelling genes were passed along to my daughter. I thought I was bad?? But that girl has makes me look good sometimes. LOL!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
841 Posts
WOW!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Oh
thank you, dido on everything you just said
I think Summer might have an ear infection too
she has been shaking her head and scratching alot lately . Will call the vet this AM
feel so bad I can't get her in until this afternoon. My daughter is having her wisdom teeth out this morning
Not enough time in the day I'm telling you
Sorry about KIWI

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
WOW!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Oh
she has been shaking her head and scratching alot lately . Will call the vet this AM
feel so bad I can't get her in until this afternoon. My daughter is having her wisdom teeth out this morning
Sorry about KIWI
[/B]

LOL..nope never enough time in a day I tell ya. Let us know how it went with Summer.

·
Registered
841 Posts
WOW!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Oh
Sorry about KIWI
[/B]

LOL..nope never enough time in a day I tell ya. Let us know how it went with Summer.
[/B]
Well poor Summer went to the vet on her B-day. Got a shot for her ears
Yep they had a little infection.. He gave her some drops that she
hates. Today she seems alot better with her ears but she had a little diarrhea
She has never had diarrhea before I mean never not once in a 1yr

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I just posted on another thread about ear infections, something I'm a bit of a reluctant expert on as I have an OES with chronic ear infections. Keeping their ears clean and dry is the best prevention for ear infections. They may be a sign of allergies but if you have gone three years without and are sudenly having one I doubt it's an allergy.

I use Malacetic Otic as a ear cleanser weekly after batrh for Ty and make sure that his inner ear is absolutely totally dry, keeping his ears as dry as possible during bath time. At the first sign of any brown or smelly discharge you want to get to the vet for an antibiotic because left untreated the infection can cause extensive damage and or deafness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts