Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember someone saying that they use Swimmers Ear for maintaning their pups ear, especially after a bath. Is there any other products to keep ears clean simplified?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Jun 2 2005, 06:27 PM
I remember someone saying that they use Swimmers Ear for maintaning their pups ear, especially after a bath. Is there any other products to keep  ears clean simplified?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68323
[/QUOTE]

I am the one that uses Swim Ear after a bath! So far we have had NO problems with dirty ears or ear infections...(knock on wood!)
The Swim Ear doesn't clean it, it helps to dry out any water in the ear...
To be honest, I don't "clean" his ears. I have not had a reason to.
I do have some blue creamy stuff that I got from petedge that is supposed to help clean and dry. But that was more trouble than the Swim Ear. I put it away and only use the Swim Ear after bath now. It is "simple"
. I squeeze some in his ears and then rub the base of them. Doesn't bother him...and no ear probs so far.
(wait, I think I repeated myself
) Oh well, I am a babbler!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Many ear cleaners will also dry out the year. I really like Oticalm for regular quick ear cleaning. Just pour a little in the ear, massage, put a cotton ball in the ear, massage - repeat until dry cotton ball.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I don't know if this is recommended, but I sorta cheat with the ear cleaning. What I do is put the cleaner in the ear BEFORE I bathe them. That way I dont have to dry their ears before AND after I bathe them. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I really hate how oily the outside of their ears look after using a cleaner AFTER I JUST WASHED THEM! But, I havent had any issues, so, who knows.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 2 2005, 11:32 PM
I don't know if this is recommended, but I sorta cheat with the ear cleaning.  What I do is put the cleaner in the ear BEFORE I bathe them.  That way I dont have to dry their ears before AND after I bathe them.  I don't know if this is good or bad, but I really hate how oily the outside of their ears look after using a cleaner AFTER I JUST WASHED THEM!  But, I havent had any issues, so, who knows.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68473
[/QUOTE]

well, you know.. if it works..

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I dont really put anything in Kodie's ears...
Am I supposed to? I sometimes use a Q-tip and whip the ear after a bath but thats about it. I also do not pull out the hairs in his ears anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 3 2005, 02:07 PM
I dont really put anything in Kodie's ears...
  Am I supposed to?  I sometimes use a Q-tip and whip the ear after a bath but thats about it.  I also do not pull out the hairs in his ears anymore.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68677
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I never put anything in his ears and don't plug the hair. I use a Q-Tip after a bath, that's all. He is 8 years old and never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts