Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a slight smell coming from one of Rocky's ears. :mellow:Do you think he has an infection? I gave him a bath tonight and made sure I didn't get any water in his ears. I always blow a little air into his ears after his bath to dry up any moisture in there. Should I take him to the Vet? He's not showing any other signs of infection.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Sorry to hear your concern. Maybe call the vet's office, tell them about it, and see if they recommend that you go in? Hope Rocky feels okay!!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
There's a slight smell coming from one of Rocky's ears. :mellow:Do you think he has an infection? I gave him a bath tonight and made sure I didn't get any water in his ears. I always blow a little air into his ears after his bath to dry up any moisture in there. Should I take him to the Vet? He's not showing any other signs of infection.
I posted this in another thread....when you give Rocky a bath, place cotton balls in his ears to assist in keeping out water, then change them after to dry ones before you blow dry him. Both of my babies HATED to have air blown into their ears. Do you pluck his ears? Sometimes the hair grows in there and traps debris. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He got a short haircut a week or two ago and was bathed and had his ears cleaned. I have not given him a bath till today. I have noticed the slight smell a few days now. Using cotton balls is a good idea. I feel like I gave it to him...poor little guy.:blush:

I posted this in another thread....when you give Rocky a bath, place cotton balls in his ears to assist in keeping out water, then change them after to dry ones before you blow dry him. Both of my babies HATED to have air blown into their ears. Do you pluck his ears? Sometimes the hair grows in there and traps debris. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, I better take him. I feel so bad becasue this has been going on a few days now. He's not scratching it at all. I don't smell it right now since I gave him his bath. I'm gonna check him out again tomorrow morning and take him in if I smell it again. He was at the Vet last month for the tick and she checked his ears. So this is recent. Poor baby. Did you have to give B&B antibiotics?

B&B had a slight smell to her ears and she did have a ear infection, might want to check with your vet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts