Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a package in the mail this week from SpottyPoo, she sent some more of Lizzies toys she found to the three muskateers, I put the box in the floor and Lizzie and Sampson went to town, Maggie couldnt be bothered from her nap, I dont know why Sampson was so interested because he never picks a toy up but he wanted to know what was in that box! I dont know how long a dog has memories but i know Lizzies sniffer was going 100 miles a minute and she picked up and carried around every toy like she had won the lottery

2 of the toys she latched onto pretty quick, a multi colored ball thingy that has a squeaker like a duck sound and then a talking bone, I didnt know what was on it but I pshed the button, still in Lizzies mouth mind you and it was SpottyPoo telling lizzie "good girl", again i dont know how well they remember but she stopped in her tracks the first time i pushed, kinda like in the movies when someone hears or thinks of someone from their past but it doesnt register right away, i pushed it a few more times as she ran around and she would not let go of it for quiet awhile, even growled at me once like "stay away fool" :lol:

and Lizzie with the talking bone...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
awwww, if that isnt the sweetest thing! lizzie looks like a kid who has a favorite shirt (or in her case, a sweater) that she refuses to take off, even to launder, lol. what a cutie. i'm so glad she's found her "right" place in life
joe and his wife rock!

ann marie and the buttercup, mourning the desqueak of her favorite giraffe

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww....I bet she does remember...that is sweet!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Awww, thank you for this thread, Joe!! I was really curious as to what her reaction would be. Yes, I'm telling her that she's a good girl on the talking bone recording, but I was really telling her that so she would LEARN to be a good girl!!!
Maybe you'll have better luck with that.

Did you notice the 3 legged, no eyed purple lizzard? As we nicknamed her Lizzard, I couldn't resist getting her that toy!! We had her for 8 months and you've had her for 4 -- I'm guessing she still remembers us, but is having such a great time with you guys that she'd like to forget her time here in the house of "NO, Lizzie! Bad girl, Lizzie!" "I can't believe you DID that, Lizzie!"

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Oh they remember.
Alex LOVES packages. When the UPS man drops one or we bring one home, we have to put it down so he can smell it. And he smells it crazy.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh they remember.[/B]
yep, i'm convinced of it, tonight Lizzie was carrying around the talking bone and I pressed it again and as soon as SpottyPoo's voice came on Lizzie gets that dear in the headlight look, it only lasts for a few seconds and she is ready to play but that initial reaction is awesome

here is Lizzie (sweater) and Sampson laying together tonight, they get get along the least but dang if they dont snooze together just fine :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Gee how did I miss this one? Oh I know they remember things, I think their memory is better than ours sometimes.
Those pictures are adorable
Joe thanks for sharing :D
I do rather love the sharing the bed too, Sampson looks so laid back and relaxed
Lizzie on the other hand is probably saying "what! another picture!!! can't a gal get some sleep in peace here?" :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, deer in the headlights is right -- she's probably thinking, "NO!! Not that lady again!! She was so meeeeaaaaannnn!!!!!"

She certainly is adorable, isn't she? She's even more adorable at your place, Joe.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Oh they remember.[/B]
yep, i'm convinced of it, tonight Lizzie was carrying around the talking bone and I pressed it again and as soon as SpottyPoo's voice came on Lizzie gets that dear in the headlight look, it only lasts for a few seconds and she is ready to play but that initial reaction is awesome

here is Lizzie (sweater) and Sampson laying together tonight, they get get along the least but dang if they dont snooze together just fine :lol:
[/B]
I love these pictures!!! I love the way Sampson is sleeping. Tucker sleeps like that sometimes, it is so cute!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
soo cute... they look like two little kids searching the box for goodies!! ( well that's right..THEY ARE!!! LOL!!)
Saw the one in their bed.. that is adorable!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts