Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up about the safety procedures a person can take during an earthquake. I thought of sharing it as it didn't ocure to me to learn about it before..until today! but anyways, I thought this was one of the good websites that I came across with and thought of passing it along :) I hope you will take the little time to read the things to do and not to do for general knowledge; always is useful I came to believe.

After hearing how some people acted during the shakes that were felt here due to the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that occurred in another country not very far away from where we are after midnight today, I realized that many need that type of safety procedures as a reminder. As for me, part of me is happy that I wasn't able to be fully awake during the shakes and thought that it was a dream!

I wish for an earth free of shakes, quakes and disasters everywhere!

:grouphug:

Kat

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Kat, thank you for sharing this :) It is very important information especially for a California such as myself :p I hope everything is alright at your place. *hugs*

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very important information especially for a California such as myself :p I hope everything is alright at your place. *hugs*
I came to learn that it is important info to know here too :p

It is almost bed time where I am, but I don't know how quick will I sleep tonight without thinking about what was going on in the area after midnight while I was gone :blush:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Kat, thanks for sharing this article---it is pretty different from all I have been taught!
We keep an earthquake bag packed here! We survived the earthquake almost 11 yrs. ago here that killed 147 people---very frightening for sure! The after-tremors I find even more scary. Several of our friends lost their homes.
Mostly I worry about the little things in my life---like Kitzel. I pray we will be outside IF something happens!
Stay safe!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Kat - thanks for sharing! I have seen first hand the devestation an earthquake can cause and it is just terrible. Thanks again for sharing - glad you are safe and sound!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kat, thanks for sharing this article---it is pretty different from all I have been taught!
We keep an earthquake bag packed here! We survived the earthquake almost 11 yrs. ago here that killed 147 people---very frightening for sure! The after-tremors I find even more scary. Several of our friends lost their homes.
Mostly I worry about the little things in my life---like Kitzel. I pray we will be outside IF something happens!
Stay safe!
Is there a website that speaks about the different safety procedures that u know about, Sandi? In what way is it different? Awee and yes, trust me that I know what you mean. I hope for no quakes anywhere :grouphug:
(((hugs))) to u and precious Kitzel

Kat - thanks for sharing! I have seen first hand the devestation an earthquake can cause and it is just terrible. Thanks again for sharing - glad you are safe and sound!
:grouphug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts