Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this piccie of my studio today. My daffodils looked so good this week I just had to take piccies. Soon the hyasinths and tulips will be coming up. I just love spring with it's flowers.
My koi fish are becoming more active.Once the water is warmer I can start their feeding regimin.

Can't wait until summer so I can plant flowers for more lasting colour.
Oh,I saw a butterfly today a black swallowtail,it was so windy,it blew away or I would have gotten a piccie!

I'll be starting my castor beans soon too,I love how tropical they look. Plus they help w/ gophers...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
They are very pretty. Do they come up on their own? I am a fair weather gardener. That means I only tend to mine when the weather is perfect.:innocent:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yepper,they come up ,all on their own. I'll probably have to thin them out a bit so I'll have more for next year. funny,I started out w/ 50 or so 7 years ago. How I have bunches...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Pretty! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Gorgeous!! I love flowers!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
I love watching the flowers come up, too! There's a spot right near the ocean close to our house where there is practically a field of daffodils. No idea how they ended up there (no one's house is nearby), but I can't wait to do a little photo shoot there when they're in bloom :)

·
Banned
242 Posts
sounds perfect for a picnic with miss Leila Mae

I love watching the flowers come up, too! There's a spot right near the ocean close to our house where there is practically a field of daffodils. No idea how they ended up there (no one's house is nearby), but I can't wait to do a little photo shoot there when they're in bloom :)
Delightful!:aktion033:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We used to pass an old empty lot driving home,it was full of irises and hyasinths and tulips and I wondered how they got there,I heard there used to be an old farm house there many years ago,so who knows,maybe there was a house there at one time or someone just dumped flower bulbs there and they just took off and multiplied.

I just love flowers,at our old house I had a huge rose bed,over 350 roses,most of which I prophigated myself from 20 starting roses. When we moved here,I got very sick and had a tumour and many surgeries and didn't do another large garden again.
Now I just plant lots of petunias,impatients and pansies w/ a just a few roses...roses don't seem to do as well here as they did at our other house...
Annuals,lots of low maintenace full blooming colour all summer,then I dig up a few impatients and bring them indoors for the winter,they to do pretty good. Gets me through the winter blahs until spring and I can have my flowers outside again...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Love the flowers Michelle, they're beautiful!!!

Two questions: Do you share pics of your koi pond? And, are castor beans the ones that grow the vines with the purple flowers ... the ones that then turn back to seeds you dry and use next year?

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the flowers Michelle, they're beautiful!!!

Two questions: Do you share pics of your koi pond? And, are castor beans the ones that grow the vines with the purple flowers ... the ones that then turn back to seeds you dry and use next year?

HUGz! Jules
I'll have to do some piccies of my koi pond . It's not really fancy,it's a large pond,our water source with bass,bluegill,perch.crappie and I put koi in it.
Castor beans are those big ,almost tropical looking tree looking plants. Huge leaves. The seeds and the whole plant are highly poisonous as it contains reisin. That's why it's hard to find seeds in the stores any more,so you have to go online to find them.
If grown, animals rarely bother it. when the seed pods mature,the seeds will pop like popcorn so I cover them in a mess net bag so the seeds won't fal on the ground where they could be possibly eaten by pets. My dogs pretty much mouth everything they find on the ground...

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
aaaah I love beautiful Spring season ^_^ thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us. When summer time comes, and you plant more, please do share as well :thumbsup: I would love to see them.

Crystal, the flower girl, surprised her grandma last December by planting some flowers. Here she is in February, 2010 with the flowers that grew and still are growing....

hugs
Kat

·
Registered
936 Posts
I absolutely love daffodils! :wub::wub::wub:

My favorite flowers are daffy's and tulips. Unfortunately, north Florida isn't cold enough for tulips to bloom year after year, but daffy's take just fine around here! B)

BTW, I took a look at your web site, and your dolls are absolutely sensational! So well done! :wub::chili:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aaaah I love beautiful Spring season ^_^ thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us. When summer time comes, and you plant more, please do share as well :thumbsup: I would love to see them.

Crystal, the flower girl, surprised her grandma last December by planting some flowers. Here she is in February, 2010 with the flowers that grew and still are growing....

hugs
Kat
Hot pink petunias (tunies) are my favourite. Funny when ever my malts play outside I tell them they are my flowers.Like fluffy flowers in my yard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts