Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Yesterday I noticed a poo stain on Susie's wee pads but there was no poop. I thought it was weird and checked all over the kitchen and couldn't find a thing. It did not occur to me that she may have eaten her poo. Today I noticed the same thing and decided to open up her mouth to take a whiff of her breath. True enough there was a slight poo-ish smell! I thought it was too late to scold her since I did not catch her in action. I will be giving her a bath and groom tomorrow so I'd better clean her teeth as well.

Fortunately, her poo and pee do not smell bad. I think it's because of the yucca extract in her food which is meant to help control odours. I would have to really take note the next time she poops though.

· Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the links, Tiki. Very helpful indeed. I think one of the reasons why Susie may be eating her poops is due to the fact that I tend to clean up in front of her. It's quite difficult not wanting to clear the mess immediately. The next time she pees / poos without my supervision, I'll secure her in her crate (which has a quilt draped over one side) and clean up without her seeing me. I do praise her each time she goes on the right spot but she does get a little giddy with excitement when she sees me cleaning up. Now I know why!

If this does not work, I'll probably try bitter apple spray. Wish us luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.