Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by babybinks22@Jul 25 2005, 11:45 PM
I heard "poo eating" was due to stress or need of attention.  Do you leave your dog unattended for long periods of time... or maybe longer than what she was used to?  Does she have other siblings she could be jealous of?  Is her "poo" area far from her eating area?  Also... I noticed a lot of threads on message boards about puppies eating poo because of their conditions at a puppy mill.  Puppies brought up in a fecal pool would eat their poo becuase it would be mixed in with their chow.  I would consider looking into the source of where your pup came from and make sure it isn't a puppy mill.  A lot of puppies coming from mills face expensive medical bills or poor health.  Just make sure they're checked out completely by your new vet!  Check out your new vet too!  As a parent you can't be too sure.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84498
[/QUOTE]

I think maybe its for attention.. I bring lily everywhere with me.. The longest she's been left is about 2 hours... She doesn't have any other siblings and she came from a breeder (i met her mom who is the breeders own dog)... My friend has a maltese and she said that her dogs snifffs her poo but doesn't eat it.. I will ask the vet about it today when i bring her!! Thanks for all of your advice

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the vet gave me the same suggestions as you all gave.. I am going to try a meet additive.. I will put it in her food but once she poos, she wont like the taste or smell... I'll keep u posted.. Thanks for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.