Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some summer clothes I meant to sell on ebay during the summer but for some reason I never got around to posting them. If I posted them now do you think they would sell? Or should I just hold onto them until spring and then sell them? I think I have about 20-30 items (shorts, capris, tanks, short sleeve shirts, etc.)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
theres a great chance they would sell, theres a lot of lucky people out there that live in warm climates even in winter, then theirs people like me that wear shorts and short sleeve even in winter

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
maybe just put a few of them up and see how it goes before listing everything

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I could do that. My first auction just got done yesterday. I had posted 13 items and only 5 sold. All the fees came to $13 something. So I will end up making a little over $30. Not bad for some items I was trying to sell at a garage sale. I'm going to take the items to a consignment shop on Friday and see what I can get for them. I still have a bunch of other winter stuff I want to sell so I can maybe pick out a few of the capris and short sleeve shirts and include them in it.

Thanks, Joe!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have found with children's clothes it is better to sell with the seasons...it is better for the SELLER.
If you are PURCHASING....then definetely look for off season items, as most people don't bid on them and you can get a GREAT deal!

I am having one of my first bad experiences with an ebay purchase. It is a VERY late shipment.
Supposedly she mailed it last Saturday, which was later than she was supposed to-and it STILL has not arrived!
Now she has quit answering my emails.
I ordered three items from her. One she shipped ahead of time...the other two were supposed to ship together. One was a Halloween shirt for my daughter. If it doesn't hurry up and get here, she won't get to wear it!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I dont know much about ebay myself... I bought those green booties for kodie... but I never heard from the buyer... I wanted to pay them but I asked that they confirm with me 1st... and before I bought them... I emailed the seller to ask about sizing and still no answer... I just did my own judgement. This seller is getting me worried.... do u think they are going to go through with the sale if I get no response? I havent sent the money yet... is there a way to cancel it... what should i do?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
does the seller have a good rating? have u emailed them?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 19 2005, 08:58 PM
I dont know much about ebay myself... I bought those green booties for kodie... but I never heard from the buyer... I wanted to pay them but I asked that they confirm with me 1st... and before I bought them... I emailed the seller to ask about sizing and still no answer... I just did my own judgement.  This seller is getting me worried.... do u think they are going to go through with the sale if I get no response?  I havent sent the money yet... is there a way to cancel it... what should i do?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111489
[/QUOTE]

I am lost...

Did you bid on them?

You talked about a buyer and a seller...so u lost me.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Well.. first i emailed the seller 3 times to ask about sizing...
then... i thought i really need them for the halloween parade i better just bid on them... so i made a decision about size by myself. So i bought them (placed my bid.. which was a buy it now price).
I won the boots obviously... so I emailed the person again to ask if i should send the money now... i only did that because i wanted to make sure this person is ALIVE! They didnt answer my other emails. Anyway... I sent another email 2 days ago.. and still no answer!! This person has a good rating but hasnt sold anything since June... it says they have a web site of stuff but the site doesnt work.... soo.. i'm worried. I shouldnt have bought the boots!!! It was on impulse! What should i do?? I dont wanna send the money and get NO boots!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 20 2005, 08:25 AM
then... i thought i really need them for the halloween parade i better just bid on them... so i made a decision about size by myself. So i bought them (placed my bid.. which was a buy it now price).
I won the boots obviously... so I emailed the person again to ask if i should send the money now... i only did that because i wanted to make sure this person is ALIVE!  They didnt answer my other emails.  Anyway... I sent another email 2 days ago.. and still no answer!!  This person has a good rating but hasnt sold anything since June... it says they have a web site of stuff but the site doesnt work.... soo.. i'm worried.  I shouldnt have bought the boots!!!  It was on impulse!  What should i do??  I dont wanna send the money and get NO boots!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111595
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do anything until you get an email response.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 20 2005, 09:25 AM
I won the boots obviously... so I emailed the person again to ask if i should send the money now... i only did that because i wanted to make sure this person is ALIVE!  They didnt answer my other emails.  Anyway... I sent another email 2 days ago.. and still no answer!!  This person has a good rating but hasnt sold anything since June... it says they have a web site of stuff but the site doesnt work.... soo.. i'm worried.  I shouldnt have bought the boots!!!  It was on impulse!  What should i do??  I dont wanna send the money and get NO boots!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111595
[/QUOTE]

All I know is that with Buy It Now, you are supposed to pay right away. I had always thought that if you didn't pay right then, that the auction stayed active. I would write to ebay and tell them the situation. They have been pretty good about helping me when I have written them. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yeah, buy it now should be paid with paypal or whatever usually at auction end, but I don't understand why she is not getting a response.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
[/QUOTE]

All I know is that with Buy It Now, you are supposed to pay right away. I had always thought that if you didn't pay right then, that the auction stayed active. I would write to ebay and tell them the situation. They have been pretty good about helping me when I have written them. Good luck!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111610
[/QUOTE]

I am an ebay junkie i buy and sell all th etime there....with buy it now you do NOT have to pay right then UNLESS it states immediate payment required.

I bought some jazz boots a few days ago with buy it now and payed two days later.

I would say email ebay and ask them. tell them you have emailed several times with no reply and will they cancel it for you. and then buy more from someone else.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I need some help setting prices. I have 4 coats I want to sell but I'm not sure how much to sell them for.

1) Black Leather coat with tie (in good condition, a little wear on the ends of the tie)
[attachment=770:attachment]

2) Dark Grey Andrea Full Length Wool Coat in like new condition. I only wore it a few times.
[attachment=771:attachment]

3) Black Worthington Pea Coat in excellent condtion. Just got it last year but it doesn't fit anymore.
[attachment=772:attachment]

4) Black and blue Pacific Trail winter coat in good condition
[attachment=773:attachment]

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts