Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle Tire Wheel Dog Bicycle basket
Echo is 4 months now and the hair on her head sticks straight up and is rather thin. Overall, the quality of her coat is not thick (not just on her head). It is also a bit dry and tangles very easily. Will this change over time? Does anyone have a puppy that grew out of this coat phase? My other little girl Venus always had very thick shiny hair.

She is on half Grain free kibble from Fromm brand as well as half raw food from Primal. I’m transitioning her to raw food to see if it helps but need to finish her puppy food first.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,862 Posts

I have that same basket...don’t you love it!!
Anyway...be careful what you wish for. My Ling Ling had very poker straight, thin hair when I adopted her at 6 months and at about 1 1/2 years her coat started to thicken up. It ended up being so dense, it took 3 hours for her to completely dry. The ideal show coat, gorgeous but so, so thick that I had to shave her. My other two have fine hair that is so easy to manage in a full coat.
Anyway, point being, she’s very young still. She won’t blow out of that coat for a while and could it could change drastically, so I wouldn’t put too much thought into worrying about it.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,862 Posts
@maddysmom your babies are precious! Two pups are a handful but they add so much joy to my life. Do you have 3?
Yes, I have the 3 in my signature pix. All very different ~they keep me very, very busy but sooo much fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts