Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor Edgar is at the the vet again today, his left anal gland has abcessed. This is the second time in about 2 years. I had it cleaned out about 3 weeks ago. I feel so bad for him. Please send him positive thoughts.

Cathy

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Cathy - I'm sorry.:huh: Poor guy. Sending positive thoughts and prayers. Hope he's feeling better and that he won't keep having this problem. :grouphug:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think sometimes they just surgically remove the glands, don't they, when they chronically abscess?

Poor Edgar.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sending positive thoughts for quick healing, poor little guy :(

I think sometimes they just surgically remove the glands, don't they, when they chronically abscess?

Poor Edgar.
Marj, I'm not sure I'd consider twice 'chronic' yet... surgical removal has some bad possible side effects (leakage for example), so would probably not jump to wanting to get that surgery if it was me.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Poor little man. Hug him for us and we hope he heals up real fast!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts

Poor Edgar.
Sending positive thoughts for quick healing, poor little guy :(

Marj, I'm not sure I'd consider twice 'chronic' yet... surgical removal has some bad possible side effects (leakage for example), so would probably not jump to wanting to get that surgery if it was me.
I wasn't saying Edgar's was chronic. I don't know his medical history. I was just mentioning that a surgical option is available in chronic cases. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I am sending prayers and positive thoughts for your baby. I know how hard it is on them and us when they are not feeling 100%.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts