Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the forum really needs a delete post or at least an "edit" option for posts (or at least just for threads). I'm sure many would benefit from this. Sometimes I forget to add something to my original post/thread, or take something off. And i've seen it on other threads too, where someone has to make another post under their first to clarify a mispelling or something. If the reason the forum doesn't have one is because of the possible confusions it could have & people wouldn't know when the person added or took something off, well i've seen some forums that when someone edits a post, after they submit it, whatever they added turns out red and automatically specifies the post has been edited.
It's just a suggestion :). It would also be really helpfull in the sell/trade category, because after things are sold the person can simply edit the thread and take off what was sold already:chili:. IDK, just my opinion, it would be neat:innocent:

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
Nora, you can edit your post for a few minutes so you can catch errors and such. After that, making changes might change the context for replies, so edits need to be done through one of the moderators.

Just click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left corner of your post
and tell us what it is you want to change. This goes to me, Erin, Kat, and Lynn as well as Yung our Admin and one of us will make the edit for you.

Maggie

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I agree, Nora! It would be much easier if we each had control over our own posts. But yes, the moderators can remove anything if you message them.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I find it quite irritating that we can't edit our own posts past a few minute period. Many forums allow you to edit your own thread title and post indefinitely. I know I sometimes start a thread and don't realize for hours or sometimes more than a day that I made an error in either the title or in the body of the post itself.

There are so many rules on SM now it's rediculous. Having mods to babysit everyone and deal with post edits just doesn't make sense, especially when threads get closed or deleted altogether. We're adults. And, if someone posts something and later wants to remove it, they should have the freedom to do so without having to contact a mod or admin.

·
Read Only
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nora, you can edit your post for a few minutes so you can catch errors and such. After that, making changes might change the context for replies, so edits need to be done through one of the moderators.

Just click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left corner of your post
and tell us what it is you want to change. This goes to me, Erin, Kat, and Lynn as well as Yung our Admin and one of us will make the edit for you.

Maggie
Yea I noticed that I can edit it within a short time frame, but I usually don't have the need to edit until after the time is over:blush:.
And thank you I didn't know about the "report post" thing.
I still think it would be nice for members to edit on their own though:innocent:. You're still doing a great job as moderators, don't get me wrong, this forum is great :).

·
Read Only
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off topic question, I just noticed the "rate thread" option, what does that do? I mean, I know it's rating a thread, but does it show up somewhere?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
It would be great to be able to edit/delete. I posted a video of Yoshie and the link said the video was private/locked so the only way i could let anyone know the link was fixed was another message and some don't read like that. They read the first post and if it doesn't work they don't bother :(

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Off topic question, I just noticed the "rate thread" option, what does that do? I mean, I know it's rating a thread, but does it show up somewhere?
You can give a star rating to a post. I have done so with posts that seem to be more important that their title implies, or when they have become very informative. The stars show up on the topics board to the left, but not the far left. There aren't any in active topics at the time, but if there were they would be next to that paper clip icon for an attachment.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I remember there being an issue with this in the past so the time we can edit our post was greatly decreased.
Orla is right. People would go back and edit or even completely remove posts days or months later. It got very confusing, especially if the original posts were quoted.

I'm glad that was corrected and now only the Mods can do it.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
You can give a star rating to a post. I have done so with posts that seem to be more important that their title implies, or when they have become very informative. The stars show up on the topics board to the left, but not the far left. There aren't any in active topics at the time, but if there were they would be next to that paper clip icon for an attachment.

Thanks Syliva--i always wondered about that. You Da Man!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
It would be great to be able to edit/delete. I posted a video of Yoshie and the link said the video was private/locked so the only way i could let anyone know the link was fixed was another message and some don't read like that. They read the first post and if it doesn't work they don't bother :(
If you need to edit something, cick on the icon to "report" your post and tell us what needs to be done. That message will go to all of the mods, and we will be happy tonhelp. We had problems in the past with people editing posts long after the fact and without really good reason.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If you need to edit something, cick on the icon to "report" your post and tell us what needs to be done. That message will go to all of the mods, and we will be happy tonhelp. We had problems in the past with people editing posts long after the fact and without really good reason.
Thank you! Sorry to hear there were problems with that.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
You're the best, Maggie! Thanks again for everything you do! :aktion033:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts