Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are so glad that Effie came to live with us! :chili: At first, Libby wasn't thrilled and she was obsessed with Effie. She barked at her and wouldn't share toys. They had a few fights but I think they've worked things out.:blink:

Lately, they cuddle a little, share toys and Libby no longer barks at her. Effie now gives Libby a run for her money. LOL:HistericalSmiley: They run and run, taking turns chasing eachother.

Effie has a safety pen in our dining room and that's where she eats. Libby gets fed in the kitchen at the same time. After Libby is done, her bowl gets put up so Effie doesn't eat it. Since Effie's food is in the pen, Libby can't get hers.:thumbsup:

Eventually,I'm planning on putting both on better/same food. Libby eats NB and Effie RC baby.

At night, Effie sleeps in a safety pen on the floor next to our bed. She cried a few nights to be with us but I held firm. Now, she loves her pen and gets right in her little bed and goes to sleep. Libby sleeps with us. Both get their flossies at night as there was some scuffles over those.:unsure:

Effie loves going out in the travel bag so I've been taking her with me, when I go out. She rides great in the car and is very calm/ social in the bag. People go nuts when they see how cute she is too:wub:.

The vets warn not to take your pup out, where they can pick up disease. However, I feel at this age they need to be socialized. I was very afraid when Libby was a puppy that she would get hurt or sick if I took her out in public.Therefore, she did not get socialized.:huh: I'm not going to take Effie to any parks, groomers or let her on the floor of petstores. She is going to be my little travel buddy though. Libby hates the bag and shakes in the car. She's more comfortable at home.B)

Libby has never had any kind of seperation anxiety thank goodness. The other day, we left them both alone. I parked my car at the end of the street and snuck back to the house, to peek in the window. Both were in their beds, calm and quiet. :aktion033:

Getting Effie was the best thing for Libby! She's no longer obsessed with me and she's getting much more activity, running and playing with Effie.

Overall, it's great having two and I'd do it all over 1000 if I had too. My girls are going to be great buddies and I'm so happy that they have eachother:chili:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Very interesting to hear. Of course they fawn over that gorgeous little cutie pie :wub2: :wub2:

I am sure Lola would love a sister too, she gets a bit bored and anxious with only hubby and I to focus on.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
That's so nice! I bet you're relieved that everything is turning out just fine. so how about a few pictures??? :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sounds wonderful.:wub2: Guess they're like human siblings. They have their moments but then really love each other. I think about 2 at times but then know I'd be out in the street with Tyler and the new little one :w00t::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Not that hubby doesn't love Tyler but I think I'd be pushing it there.
I agree with Pat -- more pictures, please. :)

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that it's working out for you. When we got Tilly, Lacie was about 1 1/2 and her nose was really out of joint. It took her a little while to warm up to the idea of having a sister, but today (after 4 years together), I can't imagine them without each other. Some of my happiest moments are when one goes to check on the other and gives her a kiss. I know that they love each other and would be sad to be separated.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Great post. Thanks for sharing.
I would love to get another but I also would be looking for a new home. :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I'm so happy Libby & Effie are starting to bond now! Your story with the two of them sounds exactly like London & Preston, lol. They started off getting along but not loving each other, and now they chase each other all around the house. We used to have to separate them to give them their flossies or other chews, but now I set two down and they will initially grab them, and then they always switch back and forth a few times. London sometimes growls at Preston if he gets too close while she's chewing, but I just leave it be and he will back off now.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
How wonderful they are bonding!! I'm so happy I got Chloe, to see
her an Alvin play is sooo entertaining!! Libby still doesn't play but hey
maybe one day.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
I'm so happy things have worked out so well with Libby and Effie. I really am happy for you and for Libby that she has a companion to play with now. It must be so much fun watching them race around and play together. I really wish I could get another Malt but only one is allowed where we live.
Have fun with those two beautiful girls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts