Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has lost her fight with cancer - she died today at 61.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Cried when I heard she was stopping her treatments and only had a short time. I pray for her family. She was truly an inspiration to all.

On a personal note, it really hits home as my cancer is ER positive and has metasticized to both my bones and liver. I'll never stop fighting and know God is handling everything.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I think Elizabeth Edwards is an exceptional person. She lived beyond herself and cared for others. She lived her life as an example to others. To carry the horrible burdens that she did and held her head high and moved beyond the hurt and pain, is such a wonderful example of how God wants us to live our life. I for one, will never forget her. Rest in Sweet Peace....:heart:

A little story about Elizabeth. When she started looking for land on which to build her house, she met the old farmer that sold her the land. He pulled up in the designated area and he thought she would offer to take him to show his land to her. Instead, she hopped out of her nice clean car and hopped into his dirty old pickup. He said she was the most down to earth person he had ever met. She bought the hugh acreage from him that her house is now built on......that was the sort of person she was......never pretensious or above anyone.....just sweet Elizabeth~:heart:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Cried when I heard she was stopping her treatments and only had a short time. I pray for her family. She was truly an inspiration to all.

On a personal note, it really hits home as my cancer is ER positive and has metasticized to both my bones and liver. I'll never stop fighting and know God is handling everything.
Donna, my prayers and positive thoughts are with you. I wish I could give you hugs in person. :tender:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

I'm so sorry about this. My prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts

Donna i will be keeping you in my prayers. :grouphug::prayer::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Sad to hear about Elizabeth Edwards. She seemed to be a good, strong woman.

Donna,

Sorry to hear about your illness. I'll keep you in my prayers. :grouphug::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I am so surprised because it was only this morning that I heard that she was stopping treatment. : ( How sad.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts

Donna, bless you heart and huge hugs to you. In my thoughts and prayers. Yes, God is watching over you and handling everything. Much love to you.

Christine

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Very sad to hear this. She was an exceptional woman.

Donna, I'm glad you have your faith to give you strength. I hope that all will be well for you.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
He is in control

(((((( Donna))))) he is merciful and in control. I admire women with your courage. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor. She had voluntary bilateral masectomy as he felt that she was way more than her breasts. This past April she had a typical cells in her uterus as a result of Tamoxifen and underwent a hysterectomy. I love my aunt as much as my mom and I always tell her SHE IS MY ROCK! and I mean it! Women like my aunt, Elizabeth Edwards and yourself are exceptionally strong and corageous women and have my respect and admiration. May she rest in peace !

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
What a courageous lady on so many different levels. In the time she was here, she went through more than any wife or mother should have to go through. Losing a child and your husband having a baby with another woman and then trying to hide it. Way too much!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
She reminds me of another lady I knew my cousin's neighbor. She went through breast cancer treatment twice and eventually passed away leaving 5 children and a husband who couldn't wait to move on with his life....
Patty was a bright ,kind cheerful person who didn't let it get her down.
Elizabeth Edwards reminded me of how Patty faced her cancer down w/ dignity.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts

:crying: So shaken hearing this about Elizabeth. She was amazingly strong and resilient carrying more burdens than anyone should. Such a loss. I pray for her to rest in peace and for her children to realize what an amazing mother they had.
Donna - I am praying for you too. :wub: I know you are a woman of faith and am glad that gives you comfort. You are loved here as well. :grouphug:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Bless your heart. Please take care!

I agree with you about Elizabeth Edwards. My heart breaks for anyone who has to fight that horrible disease.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts