Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Elizabeth Edwards...

2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  LuluLolly 
#1 ·
has lost her fight with cancer - she died today at 61.

#5 ·
Cried when I heard she was stopping her treatments and only had a short time. I pray for her family. She was truly an inspiration to all.

On a personal note, it really hits home as my cancer is ER positive and has metasticized to both my bones and liver. I'll never stop fighting and know God is handling everything.

#6 ·
I think Elizabeth Edwards is an exceptional person. She lived beyond herself and cared for others. She lived her life as an example to others. To carry the horrible burdens that she did and held her head high and moved beyond the hurt and pain, is such a wonderful example of how God wants us to live our life. I for one, will never forget her. Rest in Sweet Peace....:heart:

A little story about Elizabeth. When she started looking for land on which to build her house, she met the old farmer that sold her the land. He pulled up in the designated area and he thought she would offer to take him to show his land to her. Instead, she hopped out of her nice clean car and hopped into his dirty old pickup. He said she was the most down to earth person he had ever met. She bought the hugh acreage from him that her house is now built on......that was the sort of person she was......never pretensious or above anyone.....just sweet Elizabeth~:heart:

#18 ·
She reminds me of another lady I knew my cousin's neighbor. She went through breast cancer treatment twice and eventually passed away leaving 5 children and a husband who couldn't wait to move on with his life....
Patty was a bright ,kind cheerful person who didn't let it get her down.
Elizabeth Edwards reminded me of how Patty faced her cancer down w/ dignity.

#25 ·
Prayers and thoughts for Elizabeth's family, she really was a role model for me.

Also:

"On a personal note, it really hits home as my cancer is ER positive and has metasticized to both my bones and liver. I'll never stop fighting and know God is handling everything."

I'm so sorry to hear this Donna and my thoughts are with you as you fight such a courageous battle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.