Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at 11pm saturday night we had to take all three of the dogs to the emergency vet (that was 30 minutes away) because all three have had diahhrea pretty bad and ellie wasnt moving her back legs...she was dragging herself.

basically, ellie is doing great now, she is finally walking. but the vet didnt help any. she just made us more freaked out because she thought that ellie maybe had a seizure!

they were having diahrea all weekend though. i felt soo bad for them. i think it was because i introduced sweet potato in their diet and i didnt do it gradually. BUT my mom and sister think that they have the flu or something. if they're still sick today then we're going to the vet. we have them on a bland diet and i think we're going to continue that for a few more days.

we were totally scared about ellie though. she was just laying in the basket(my mom put a pillow and then ellie was laying ontop of that) and she was acting soo sick. b ut she doesnt complain, so its hard to know how bad she felt.

we couldnt go to the bow-wow meows fair because all three were still sick yesterday.
it totally sucked this weekend. i'll give you all an update on their health though.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Poor babys!! I hope they get to feeling better! I had to take Tuffy to the vet on Friday because of diarrhea.. they put him on Reglan & Neopect and also have me feeding him special food for a week... We'll be thinking about them!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hope everything goes well. You'll be in our thoughts!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
sending hugs and kisses from me and Brinkley.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi, i spoke to my mom and she said all three seem fine. sprite is pooing...it looks formed, but its still diahrea like.
but all three are playing now!! which is great. it shows me that she's getting better.

the party was pretty boring. my brother acts like a d*ck like ALL THE TIME, and he got to my house and literally 15 minutes later he was like "we gotta get going". the ONLY reason we invited him is because he's the father to our nieces. its soo annoying.

so my brother and his wife were there for like an hour.

thank god ellie doesnt really care. for presents we got her a coat and sweater(and sprite too so they match) and gruffi got a couple of scarfs(to match), she got toys(little tennis balls, a cat house<--that sprite has used 2 times-not ellie, a little odie, a dog that plays happy bday) shes been feeling sick, so i think she hasnt really noticed all that stuff.

my brother and his wife got ellie a coat(matching the one that we bought, so we're going to return it) and rawhides(eventhough we've told them like 100 times that they never eat rawhide and the reason we dont feed them it).

that's basically it. OH, and ive decided that the next training lesson with connie will be at a dog park. mainly for gruffi. i want him to run around and get tired. knowing him--he'll grab everyones toys. lol.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi, doctorcathy!

I'm so sorry to hear that your babies are sick.....
Give them kisses from me and princess.

I went to the fair on Sunday and I must say it was HOT at there!!!!! Our kids (princess and fendi-weimaraner) had a great time. :D They were so excited to see all the other dogs.
They also liked all the treats.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lani, im glad you had fun. i'm really sorry we didnt go, and i'm really sorry i couldnt post that we couldnt go on sunday. thats great that your babies had fun too. did you see the show? they said that they were going to have something at 1pm, like a contest or something.

santa clarita is always hot
last year it was around 90 something degrees. we were there for only 20 mintues....we basically walked really fast around the park.

anyway, the Sepulveda Basin Dog Park (its on the corner of burbank blvd and something...i think) anyway, they have two sections, one HUGE section for big dogs, and a small section for small dogs. they also have a dog fair every year there, but i have to check www.digitalcity.com i dont think they advertise anywhere else. i went like 2 yrs ago and sprite was FREAKING out. now that we have ellie and gruffi--she seems a lot braver.

oh, and ellie is back to her old self. she wants to play and stuff. and gruffi is doing better...he's trying to bother the girls. and sprite---shes still a little sick. at least this morning, when she pood--she kicked her back legs. lol.

i think the baby food was getting ellie and sprite sick still. so we're just putting them on plain rice and boiled chicken. gruffi hasnt pood yet...hopefully today!! and i'll see if the plain diet is working on them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
doctorcathy, so sorry to hear your babies arent doing too good. Keep us updated to see how they are doing.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iseriously love how everyone on this site actually cares. i told a few of my classmates, and the only one that cared is the one that was older and actually had human kids. lol. he knew what i was talking about and was like "do they still have diahhrea" it was nice.

anyway, the dogs are feeling A LOT better. sprite had solid poo today, yay!!! im going to give bland food for maybe a week longer. and im going to slowly add their vitamin and bonemeal. and then im going to slowly add veggies and fruit. cynthia did give pinnapple to gruffi and ellie last night,so we'll see how that goes. sprite didnt get any--because she doesnt like it. she's soo picky. anyway, i'll give more updates. :D thanks for asking and being supportive!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts