Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any songs that you hate to admit you like to anyone?

You know that song "pieces of you" by Ashlee Simpson, I like it, but would never admit it to my boyfirend!!! No offense to anyone who likes it though!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Oct 29 2004, 10:49 AM
Are there any songs that you hate to admit you like to anyone?

You know that song "pieces of you" by Ashlee Simpson, I like it, but would never admit it to my boyfirend!!!  No offense to anyone who likes it though! 

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13891
[/QUOTE]

i like listening to oldie songs now...like 50-70's music..around that period

staying alive from saturday night fever

everybody was kungfu fighting

chuck berry song from Pulp fiction, "u never can tell"

songs from "boogie night"

baby love

etc

hehe i LOVE oldie songs now..they sound so generic.. hehe maybe its just me

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I mostly listen to classical or indie music so not a lot of people are even familiar with bands and songs that I like, so nothing to be embarrased about there. But I do have three "pop" songs I hate to admit that I like... "Toxic" by Britney Spears, "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake, and "All the Things She Said" by Tatu.. Yes, I'm rather embarrased now, tell no one!
:ph34r:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
lol... i keep telling my bf that she isnt talent.. he says yes... haha.. he just has a CRUSH on her it seems!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I thought Ashlee was aiite, until she lip synched a song on SNL! HAHA Thought it was soooooo funny. I use to like "Pieces of Me" but it's getting overplayed on the radio.

I listen to everything though. Pop, rnb, rock, alternative...anything that sounds good.

I like listening to Howie day. I doubt anyone has heard of him but he's great. He doesn't get played on the radio at all, but it keeps me from getting sick of him.

I'm embarrassed at some of the things I USE to listen to. Like Milli Vanilli (sp?), the Nelsons (brothers/twins), vanilla ice! HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 29 2004, 11:52 AM
I'm embarrassed at some of the things I USE to listen to.  Like Milli Vanilli (sp?), the Nelsons (brothers/twins), vanilla ice!  HAHAHAHAHAHA
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13977
[/QUOTE]
Oh, yup, Milli Vanilli...
But, I love 80's music to death, I mean, that's what I mostly listen to like Falco, Thompson Twins, Corey Hart (sunglasses at night), Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Erasure, Echo & the Bunnymen (lips like sugar), I used to think Adam Ant was HOT!!!!!

These are my true confessions... :ph34r:

~Elegant

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oooohhhh, Erasure! I love Erasure!
I'm really into 80's music, too. I love it. My all time favorite song is "A Space Age Love Song" by A Flock of Seagulls. :ph34r:
It just brings back memories like WOW!
I wish we had an all 80's radio station around here!
Oh, and my kind of guilty pleasure song is "What You Waiting For" by Gwen Stefani.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Well...b/c of my age...I like 80's and 90's music too... :ph34r:

I don't listen to pop/rock anymore. I am a country girl...and I like worship and praise music alot too...

My embarrassing song right now would have to be Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" and "Here for the Party"-I usually don't care for Redneck Country...but, I went to a Kenny Chesney concert that she performed at...and she is AWESOME in concert...she can REALLY sing...they don't do any doctoring to her voice. She also writes almost all her music. She sang many songs that are not even released yet of hers. Like most country music..it is alot of "life" songs. She sang one called "Rebel Child" that she wrote to her daughter...kinda like a "better listen to mee..been there-done that...don't want you to make the same mistakes" song. It was awesome! She also sang one written like "to" a woman that was messin around with her husband. It was the kinda song that had all the things that I can imagine a woman in that position would think/say/do....me on the other hand...would just become Lorena Bobbitt!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if someone would write a song about that!!!????

Anyway, I am sure b/c of where most of the rest of you are from...that country is not high on anyone's list...but I just don't listen to the rest. I love Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, etc. The more modern country.

BUT...true confessions time...when I was in Jr. High..my best friend and I would go down in her grandmother's basement..that was like a rec room..we would BLARE Madonna. We would dress up in dress up clothes and pretend we had a mic and sing all the songs at the top of our lungs! :ph34r: I look at my junior high kids...especially the girls sometimes at school and wonder...hmmm...wonder if they do silly stuff like that....????? THen I remember...nope..they are all out doing things that I didn't do until AT LEAST highschool!!!! It is sad...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I LOVE SHANIA TWAIN! I'm proud of that. I love "I'm Jealous." Wasn't expecting the song to be about what it was.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 29 2004, 06:49 PM
Well...b/c of my age...I like 80's and 90's music too... :ph34r:

I don't listen to pop/rock anymore. I am a country girl...and I like worship and praise music alot too...

My embarrassing song right now would have to be Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" and "Here for the Party"-I usually don't care for Redneck Country...but, I went to a Kenny Chesney concert that she performed at...and she is AWESOME in concert...she can REALLY sing...they don't do any doctoring to her voice. She also writes almost all her music. She sang many songs that are not even released yet of hers.  Like most country music..it is alot of "life" songs. She sang one called "Rebel Child" that she wrote to her daughter...kinda like a "better listen to mee..been there-done that...don't want you to make the same mistakes" song. It was awesome! She also sang one written like "to" a woman that was messin around with her husband. It was the kinda song that had all the things that I can imagine a woman in that position would think/say/do....me on the other hand...would just become Lorena Bobbitt!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if someone would write a song about that!!!????

Anyway, I am sure b/c of where most of the rest of you are from...that country is not high on anyone's list...but I just don't listen to the rest.  I love Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, etc.  The more modern country.

BUT...true confessions time...when I was in Jr. High..my best friend and I would go down in her grandmother's basement..that was like a rec room..we would BLARE Madonna. We would dress up in dress up clothes and pretend we had a mic and sing all the songs at the top of our lungs! :ph34r: I look at my junior high kids...especially the girls sometimes at school and wonder...hmmm...wonder if they do silly stuff like that....????? THen I remember...nope..they are all out doing things that I didn't do until AT LEAST highschool!!!! It is sad...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14042
[/QUOTE]

I love country music!
Not the old country but the more modern music. I used to be the only one in my family that listened to it but now my grandma's started listening to it. She plays Shania Twain all the time. I think it is hilarious when I go over to her house and she has the country music radio station on.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I was sitting here trying to think of something when I look down and see Ricky's face staring at me(on my shirt). Yes, I am a Ricky Martin fan!
I've even met nearly all of his band members and his back up singers. Many people don't realize that he has a whole BUNCH of music aside from Livin' la Vida Loca and She Bangs. His spanish music is so beautiful.
His voice is hypnotic to me. I will admit I am a latin music lover. It always makes me want to get up and dance! (yes, J-lo included!) I like Marc Anthony as well...Elvis Crespo(didn't know there was another Elvis did ya?) and Juanes...Paula Rubio is a great one as well. I understand SOME of what they are saying, but it doesn't matter, as long as it makes me dance

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Nov 1 2004, 03:16 PM
I was sitting here trying to think of something when I look down and see Ricky's face staring at me(on my shirt). Yes, I am a Ricky Martin fan! 
  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14346
[/QUOTE]

Okay, because Ricky Martin was admitted I will spill. I'm 23.. and I have really gotten into this past 'Hanson' CD. It's so unlike their MMMBop days... it is just really good. I mean, I wouldn't tell my boyfriend who they were and he even thought it was pretty good... :D WOW...feels good to get that one off the old chest!
hehe

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Nov 1 2004, 02:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Nov 1 2004, 03:16 PM
  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14346

Okay, because Ricky Martin was admitted I will spill. I'm 23.. and I have really gotten into this past 'Hanson' CD. It's so unlike their MMMBop days... it is just really good. I mean, I wouldn't tell my boyfriend who they were and he even thought it was pretty good... :D WOW...feels good to get that one off the old chest!
hehe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14349
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 1 2004, 01:07 PM
I LOVE SHANIA TWAIN!  I'm proud of that.  I love "I'm Jealous."  Wasn't expecting the song to be about what it was.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14298
[/QUOTE]

What is it about?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Nov 1 2004, 02:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Nov 1 2004, 01:07 PM
I LOVE SHANIA TWAIN!  I'm proud of that.  I love "I'm Jealous."  Wasn't expecting the song to be about what it was.

What is it about?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14354
[/B][/QUOTE]

Here are the lyrics:
Shania Twain Lyrics - I'm Jealous

( Shania Twain Lyrics for the song I'm Jealous ... I downloaded the MP3 song here.)

If I were the moon, I could
catch your eye I'm jealous of the moon
If I were the wind, I would
make you fly I'm jealous of that too

I wish I were the sun shining
on your face caressing like a lover
I would wrap you in a warm embrace
we'd be holdin' one another
(I'm jealous of the sun)
I'm jealous of the sun
(Jealous of the sun) Oh,
I'm jealous of the sun

Oh, I don't wanna share you with
nothing else I gotta have you to myself
Oh I can't help it I'm so in love
I just can't get you close enough, no

Chorus:
When the sun's on your skin
I can't hold it in
And I know it's a sin
but I'm jealous of the sun

I wish I were the rain runnin' down your
neck and drippin' from your fingers
Then I could be the drops rollin' off your
back I'd love to let it linger
(Jealous of the rain) Oh,
I'm jealous of the rain

Oh, I don't wanna share you with nothing
else I gotta have you to myself
Oh I can't help it I'm so in love
I just can't get you close enough, no

Chorus:
When it rains on your face
I almost can taste
Your beauty, your grace
I'm jealous of the rain

Instrumental Solo

Chorus:
When the wind's in your hair
the way it blows through the air
Oh, it's seems so unfair, yeah

Chorus:
When the moon's in your eyes
you seem to light up the skies, yeah
And I realize
I'm even jealous of the moon[/B]

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Nov 1 2004, 03:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Nov 1 2004, 01:07 PM

What is it about?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14354
[/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was gonna be an upbeat melody talking about being jealous of another girl or what not. If you like great love songs, you should take the time to read the lyrics. I have to say, you KNOW Shania and Mutt lange are totally in love because of the music they produce together.

·
Registered
260 Posts
[/QUOTE]

i like listening to oldie songs now...like 50-70's music..around that period

staying alive from saturday night fever

everybody was kungfu fighting

chuck berry song from Pulp fiction, "u never can tell"

songs from "boogie night"

baby love

etc

hehe i LOVE oldie songs now..they sound so generic.. hehe maybe its just me
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13897
[/QUOTE]

Just like you, I love the 50-70's songs. I even like the 40's songs...Kay Starr,
Bing Crosby, etc. Love the Rod Stewart albums...brings back soooo many memories.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 29 2004, 07:49 PM

Anyway, I am sure b/c of where most of the rest of you are from...that country is not high on anyone's list...but I just don't listen to the rest.  I love Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, etc.  The more modern country.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14042
[/QUOTE]

GO THE COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of country music (not all of it, but a fair whack of the newer stuff).. I'm the Worlds #1 Kasey Chambers fan
(self-assigned rating of course
)

I have my first "gig" in a week and a half at a little pub just out of town, singing country music. I can't wait but I'm sooooo nervous...

I love Kasey (of course), Melinda Schneider, Brendon Walmsley, Gretchen Wilson, Carter & Carter, Tim McGraw, Sara Storer, Joe Nichols, Patti Griffin's music, good ol' Slim Dusty and a heap of other random songs and singers.....

And I too love to sing at Church - some of the songs are beautiful!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts