Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine+Nov 1 2004, 08:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Oct 29 2004, 07:49 PM

I don't listen to pop/rock anymore. I am a country girl...and I like worship and praise music alot too...

Anyway, I am sure b/c of where most of the rest of you are from...that country is not high on anyone's list...but I just don't listen to the rest.  I love Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, etc.  The more modern country.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14042
GO THE COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of country music (not all of it, but a fair whack of the newer stuff).. I'm the Worlds #1 Kasey Chambers fan
(self-assigned rating of course
)

I have my first "gig" in a week and a half at a little pub just out of town, singing country music. I can't wait but I'm sooooo nervous...

I love Kasey (of course), Melinda Schneider, Brendon Walmsley, Gretchen Wilson, Carter & Carter, Tim McGraw, Sara Storer, Joe Nichols, Patti Griffin's music, good ol' Slim Dusty and a heap of other random songs and singers.....

And I too love to sing at Church - some of the songs are beautiful!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14383
[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow! That is awesome!! I am so jealous!!LOL...I love to sing...and used to be my dream to sing on the Grand Old Opry...but I am just OK...not great...and being on stage scares the
out of me...my little bit of talent goes to crap because of my nerves...

Anyway, good luck!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!! Would love to be there to support you... :D

Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 1 2004, 09:17 PM
Wow! That is awesome!! I am so jealous!!LOL...I love to sing...and used to be my dream to sing on the Grand Old Opry...but I am just OK...not great...and being on stage scares the 
out of me...my little bit of talent goes to crap because of my nerves...

Anyway, good luck!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!! Would love to be there to support you... :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14388
[/QUOTE]

Aaaaw thanks so much!

I really love to sing, and my favourite thing (other than my little darling of course - who, just while on the topic, will be coming for the ride when I do my gig!
LOL) is my blue steel string acoustic guitar. It was just an average price one - about $280, but it would have to be the best investment I ever made. I just love it, and although I would love a new guitar, I can't bear to part with this one. It just feels so right and stuff!

I'm actually about to pay to get a mike setting put on it, instead of buying a new guitar - it's more economical to do it, but what's more I get to keep my girl! LOL Her name is Ash LOL (I'm talking about my guitar here of course, hope I don't sound too crazy!!!
)

I'm sooo nervous, but hey, the way I figure is that it's something I've always wanted to do. If I do really bad and hate it, well at least I can say I gave it a go, instead of dreaming about one day doing it. If it goes well then woohoo! And I might even get a regular gig at the pub

I personally don't think I'm particularly fantastic. I'm a self taught singer and guitar player - I've never had a lesson in my life. I can play piano too. I taught myself until I was 18 and then when I started working and got on my feet I decided to get some lessons from a lovely old lady, Ruby (who, unfortunately has since passed away). Best thing I ever did. I loved it. But singing and guitar lessons around here and pretty expensive.... :wacko: I have a few friends and an ex boyfriend who is particularly good at guitar (my ex actually has his own band) and they are always willing to help me out!! Gotta love friends!!!

I'll be sure to let you know how I go! I better stop now or you won't shut me up about it!!! LOL

Originally posted by Sunshine@Nov 1 2004, 08:42 PM
GO THE COUNTRY MUSIC!!! 

I'm a HUGE fan of country music (not all of it, but a fair whack of the newer stuff).. I'm the Worlds #1 Kasey Chambers fan 
  (self-assigned rating of course 
)

I have my first "gig" in a week and a half at a little pub just out of town, singing country music. I can't wait but I'm sooooo nervous...

I love Kasey (of course), Melinda Schneider, Brendon Walmsley, Gretchen Wilson, Carter & Carter, Tim McGraw, Sara Storer, Joe Nichols, Patti Griffin's music, good ol' Slim Dusty and a heap of other random songs and singers.....

And I too love to sing at Church - some of the songs are beautiful!!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14383
[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your gig!! How exciting!

Sunshine--When's the gig? Gotta let us know how it goes. What are you singing.

Right now I'm listening to Stone Temple Pilots. Anyone remember or like them? Weird that I like Shania Twain and Stone Temple Pilots and Usher and Nelly! HAHAH I love good music. Anyway, lately, most of the music on the radio is overplayed or just sucks. So I went back to what is considered the oldies to me, thus, listening to STP. LOL

This topic is so funny because I was having dinner with a friend the other night and they started playing an Avril Lavigne song. My friend goes, "Oh they play good music here." I looked at her really strangely and was like, "You like Avril Lavigne?" and she goes, "Yeah, do you?" and I said, "Well, actually yes, but I don't make it a habit of admitting it to people!"
There are so many young little angsty pop stars out there now a days that sometimes its embarrassing to watch them and even MORE embarrassing to accidentally like one of there songs!

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 3 2004, 11:37 PM
Sunshine--When's the gig?  Gotta let us know how it goes.  What are you singing.

Right now I'm listening to Stone Temple Pilots.  Anyone remember or like them?  Weird that I like Shania Twain and Stone Temple Pilots and Usher and Nelly!  HAHAH  I love good music.  Anyway, lately, most of the music on the radio is overplayed or just sucks.  So I went back to what is considered the oldies to me, thus, listening to STP.  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14768
[/QUOTE]

Okay well I'm still working on it, but I would love some input from you guys!

At the moment, I'm leaning towards:

I Hate Everything, George Strait
Better Next Year, Sara Storer
Up Side of Being Down, Catherine Britt
Top of the World, Patti Griffin
True Colours, Cindii Lauper
If Nobody Believed in You, Joe Nichols
Hollywood, Kasey Chambers
Busy Man or Play That Song, Carter & Carter
Patches, Brendon Walmsley
I Wanna Be Married, Melinda Schneider

Kinda mellow I know, but I want to sing something heartfelt, and to do that I have to sing songs that mean something to me at the moment... so...

Any comments or suggestions?

Oh... and the gig is next Sunday arvo at a little pub outside of town... 14th Nov (the very next day after my 22nd birthday - so I'd better not drink too much!! LOL - nah I dont' really drink anyway - will be having one before I play on the Sunday though! Need to calm the nerves!!! )

hmmm...thinking...
some of those names must be local names for u...not familiar to me...

Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 29 2004, 07:49 PM
Well...b/c of my age...I like 80's and 90's music too... :ph34r:

I don't listen to pop/rock anymore. I am a country girl...and I like worship and praise music alot too...

My embarrassing song right now would have to be Gretchen Wilson's "******* Woman" and "Here for the Party"-I usually don't care for ******* Country...but, I went to a Kenny Chesney concert that she performed at...and she is AWESOME in concert...she can REALLY sing...they don't do any doctoring to her voice. She also writes almost all her music. She sang many songs that are not even released yet of hers.  Like most country music..it is alot of "life" songs. She sang one called "Rebel Child" that she wrote to her daughter...kinda like a "better listen to mee..been there-done that...don't want you to make the same mistakes" song. It was awesome! She also sang one written like "to" a woman that was messin around with her husband. It was the kinda song that had all the things that I can imagine a woman in that position would think/say/do....me on the other hand...would just become Lorena Bobbitt!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if someone would write a song about that!!!????

Anyway, I am sure b/c of where most of the rest of you are from...that country is not high on anyone's list...but I just don't listen to the rest.  I love Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, etc.  The more modern country.

BUT...true confessions time...when I was in Jr. High..my best friend and I would go down in her grandmother's basement..that was like a rec room..we would BLARE Madonna. We would dress up in dress up clothes and pretend we had a mic and sing all the songs at the top of our lungs! :ph34r: I look at my junior high kids...especially the girls sometimes at school and wonder...hmmm...wonder if they do silly stuff like that....????? THen I remember...nope..they are all out doing things that I didn't do until AT LEAST highschool!!!! It is sad...
[/QUOTE]i just like you love my worship and praise music and i am a country music woman too i am 37 almost maybe that has something to do with iit
and a mother of 3 though in the 80s i loved duran duran prince and madonna also run dmc
~ Denise

Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Nov 4 2004, 08:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Oct 29 2004, 07:49 PM
Well...b/c of my age...I like 80's and 90's music too... :ph34r:

My embarrassing song right now would have to be Gretchen Wilson's "******* Woman" and "Here for the Party"-I usually don't care for ******* Country...but, I went to a Kenny Chesney concert that she performed at...and she is AWESOME in concert...she can REALLY sing...they don't do any doctoring to her voice. She also writes almost all her music. She sang many songs that are not even released yet of hers.  Like most country music..it is alot of "life" songs. She sang one called "Rebel Child" that she wrote to her daughter...kinda like a "better listen to mee..been there-done that...don't want you to make the same mistakes" song. It was awesome! She also sang one written like "to" a woman that was messin around with her husband. It was the kinda song that had all the things that I can imagine a woman in that position would think/say/do....me on the other hand...would just become Lorena Bobbitt!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if someone would write a song about that!!!????

BUT...true confessions time...when I was in Jr. High..my best friend and I would go down in her grandmother's basement..that was like a rec room..we would BLARE Madonna. We would dress up in dress up clothes and pretend we had a mic and sing all the songs at the top of our lungs! :ph34r: I look at my junior high kids...especially the girls sometimes at school and wonder...hmmm...wonder if they do silly stuff like that....????? THen I remember...nope..they are all out doing things that I didn't do until AT LEAST highschool!!!! It is sad...
i just like you love my worship and praise music and i am a country music woman too i am 37 almost maybe that has something to do with iit
and a mother of 3 though in the 80s i loved duran duran prince and madonna also run dmc
~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14957
[/B][/QUOTE]

i liked them too :ph34r:

Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 29 2004, 06:49 PM
[/QUOTE]

Ok, if we are going to confess stuff we did in Jr. High I need to mention that I listened to New Kids on the Block. I even went to one of their concerts.

i saw someone mention erasure earlier---i loved their songs!!! i still have a cassette somewhere in storage. lol. the music i listen to:

ashlee simpson, jessica simpson, blink 182, everclear, maroon 5, aqua, vengaboys...and a bunch more.

Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Nov 5 2004, 09:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Oct 29 2004, 06:49 PM
Ok, if we are going to confess stuff we did in Jr. High I need to mention that I listened to New Kids on the Block. I even went to one of their concerts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14989
[/B][/QUOTE]

I remember watching/listening to Menudo...remember them? They were a Latino group that had a music show on Saturday mornings? I used to think they were so cute...I think I was in elem. school.

Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 5 2004, 08:31 AM
Ok, if we are going to confess stuff we did in Jr. High I need to mention that I listened to New Kids on the Block.  I even went to one of their concerts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14989
[/QUOTE]

OH my goodness! I forgot about NKOTB! hahaha. Did you faint when you went to their concerts!?!! I cannot believe how crazy the fans were for them! LOL.

I remember LA LA LA LA LA LA TONITE! and You got the right stuff, baby!
HAHA That's all I know...that's a good thing!

Ohhhh, NKOTB! I was crazy, i mean CRAZY over Joey! Oh. my. GOD! haha
I loved that "Tonite" song! I had like, one of their concerts on tape from TV, and when they were on Oprah and i used to watch those non-stop!
OH, and in the song "Please Don't Go Girl" the part where Joey sang "Giiiiiiiiirrrrrllll" in his little boy voice, i wanted to melt!

Then i got all into TLC like mad and they were my new obsession!
It was all about "Left Eye".

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I totally remember Menudo!!! EEEWWWWWW.....

I do like Ricky Martinsongs though. I just listened to Tatu right now, I had forgotten that song until someone here brought it up...All the things she said...awesome song.

Ok...I also like the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC...

~Elegant

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.