Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In light of Paula's (Matilda's mommy) recent thread regarding B&B's emergency it occurred to me many if not most SM'ers would not know what to do in a similar situation. Here is a great video on choking...

Safe Dog Safety Tip: Choking

MelanieLMonteiro

MaryH posted this thread Pet CPR and had a sticky placed on it.

Both of these videos are well worth your time. If you do not know what to do in a choking/not breathing situation watch these videos at least 5 times to get yourself familiarized with the content. For those who have been trained, it's a great time for a review. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Thank you Marsha and Mary H for this invaluable information. I'm keeping it close on hand. Thank you both again.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Thank you for the information. I will certainly watch it many times, so that I am comfortable with each step. I am going to have DH and Edith (our fluff care giver) watch it with me.

I am also going to share with the "Annie Group" that I belong to - the information is invaluable.

Allie

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this thread with vital information doesn't get "lost" could a sticky be placed on it?

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
I just looked at the video, dh did check B&B's mouth that's when he was bit, he did give her back blows didn't work, he did not do the heimlich maneuver, if it ever happens again heaven forbid I will go right to this video

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since we've already got a stickie on CPR, perhaps you could ask Yung to add your link to it?
I see that's exactly what was done to this thread. I would have removed the referance to the CPR thread to have this pinned on it's own. Now it's buried at the end of somene elses thread. Guess it just wasn't important enough... :huh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts