Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i'm bored because I always start thinking of engagement rings when I am. haha..
I have been dating my bf for almost 5 yrs now... not to put pressure on anything or curse our relationship but I always dream of the day I hopefully will get a ring.
I think I wanna get a round diamond. I wanna get something with chips of diamonds along the band.
I like this one from Lieberfarb

I have even tried it on when I went to a store without my bf.. haha.. with a 1.5ct. diamond in it. hehe.. it was soooooo pretty!! It looks so much better in person! It sparkles soo much! I have tiny, thin fingers so I dont want something to big. I told my bf I really like this one and only this one.. and he got mad.
(this was about 8 months ago) Does any of your bf's have this mind set that he wants to pick it out and you cant tell him any suggestions (or pick it out)?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I've been dating my bf for 7 years and still in no hurry! LOL I have school on my mind though. I had a picture of rings but I must have deleted them? Or it's on my other computer. But mine should have sapphires on them...my favorite color is blue.
It should have two sapphires on the side and a diamond in the middle. Platinum band too. My bf use to date this girl who's parents owned a jewelry store so he knows more about jewelry, size, cuts, and etc than I do. So that's cool!

I don't have a picture of the ring I like, but I have a picture of the wedding dress I like!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awwwwww... thats pretty!!

I didnt pick a dress because I dont wanna fall in love with one and I dont get married for 5yrs and they dont make it anymore.. haha.. plus i wanna be engaged for at least 2yrs... i'm not in a rush for the whole wedding thing... i wanna save money up for that, ya kno.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
No kidding. This dress is probably 4-5 yrs old! HAHAHA I doubt they make it anymore. But it's the cut I want...I think it's the "Goddess" cut. And since the man I'm gonna marry is suppose to treat me like a Goddess, it's fitting I wear that dress! PUAHAHAHHAAH

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I never really thought about the rings until my bf proposed (4 years ago). I ended up getting a plain patinum band with a round diamond. I love having the plain wedding band to go with it. In retrospect, I probably should have been planning the ring/dress way before it was time.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I really don't want a big ring. But noone wheres their engagement ring after they get married...right? Anyway, I'm not ready for marriage so I dont look at rings or dresses anymore. When I was younger, I was ready for marriage, but life doesn't always go as planned!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh my, what a beautiful wedding dress.

When my hubby and I decided to tie the knot, we made my engagement ring very special. He had a ring left to him that belonged to his dad. It had a beautiful large single diamond in it, and hubby isn't one to wear that type of jewellry so he asked me if I would like to have that diamond set in an engagement ring. He said he knew his dad would be happy to know that his diamond had become a symbol of our love for eachother.
I said I would be honored to wear such a special ring and it would mean so much to both of us so we went ahead and had the ring specially made and it is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 8 2005, 07:55 AM
I really don't want a big ring.  But noone wheres their engagement ring after they get married...right?  Anyway, I'm not ready for marriage so I dont look at rings or dresses anymore. When I was younger, I was ready for marriage, but life doesn't always go as planned!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70475
[/QUOTE]

I do wear my engagement ring, that's why I wanted a plain one. However, its only been 2 yrs of marriage so I may change my mind later. We have been together for 9 yrs now - I feel like we are old folks
!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 8 2005, 09:55 AM
I really don't want a big ring.  But noone wheres their engagement ring after they get married...right?  Anyway, I'm not ready for marriage so I dont look at rings or dresses anymore. When I was younger, I was ready for marriage, but life doesn't always go as planned!

[/QUOTE]

I wear my engagement ring.

It was a set...I couldn't wear my band alone...it would look funny because it interlocks with my engagement ring.

I liked my set when we got engaged, but it was cheap b/c we were poor. We always said at 10 years (that will be this summer) that I would get a new set...bigger and nicer. WELL, that is not going to happen...

Ten years later with bills and kids, a new ring is not on my agenda...but hopefully someday I will get a new set...maybe for 25 years. :D If he puts up with me that long!
He is good about buying me smaller pieces of jewelry. He bought me a ruby and diamond ring last year for Mother's Day (those are my kids' birthstones)...he bought me a saphire and diamond braceler that I had been coveting a few Christmases ago, and he got me a diamond ring this past Birthday....and a necklace or two here or there...so he is good to me...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanna move in with my bf... it would make life so much easier especially now that we are going to be working different schedules from one another. I kinda dont want to move in with him unless we are on the same page... some type of commitment. Thats were the ring comes in... (my parents are old fashion) then save up for at least 2 yrs or longer for marrage (its expensive)... and if things dont work out within those 2 or so years while we save and live with each other... then heres your ring back and MOVE ON. hehe..
I'm going to be 25 and i'm not trying to rush into something either... just dont see why not just do it if we basically are like married people now.
(We have the mind set already that whats mine is yours.
)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I plan on wearing my engagment ring after I'm married too! I love DIAMONDS! hehe

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jun 8 2005, 08:04 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Jun 8 2005, 09:55 AM

It was a set...I couldn't wear my band alone...it would look funny because it interlocks with my engagement ring.

I liked my set when we got engaged, but it was cheap b/c we were poor. We always said at 10 years (that will be this summer) that I would get a new set...bigger and nicer. WELL, that is not going to happen...

Ten years later with bills and kids, a new ring is not on my agenda...but hopefully someday I will get a new set...maybe for 25 years. :D If he puts up with me that long!
He is good about buying me smaller pieces of jewelry. He bought me a ruby and diamond ring last year for Mother's Day (those are my kids' birthstones)...he bought me a saphire and diamond braceler that I had been coveting a few Christmases ago, and he got me a diamond ring this past Birthday....and a necklace or two here or there...so he is good to me...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70480
[/B][/QUOTE]

Tlunn,

Mines was cheap too (it was only about $1500). I mean its really nice quality but the diamond is very small. My husband is a poor graduate student...so this is all he could afford. I love it though and I don't care. My sister for a bout twice the price got a huge diamond, but the quality is terrible.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jun 8 2005, 10:04 AM-->

It was a set...I couldn't wear my band alone...it would look funny because it interlocks with my engagement ring.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70480
[/B][/QUOTE]
Around here most people where both. I heard it said you where the engagement ring close to your heart and the wedding ring behind it or something like that.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Jun 8 2005, 10:08 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 08:04 AM

[/QUOTE]

Tlunn,

Mines was cheap too (it was only about $1500). I mean its really nice quality but the diamond is very small. My husband is a poor graduate student...so this is all he could afford. I love it though and I don't care. My sister for a bout twice the price got a huge diamond, but the quality is terrible.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70491
[/B][/QUOTE]

My mom's ring is pretty plain. The stone is really small (less then a carat, maybe 1/2 carat) and has like 2 chips next to it. It is worth over $10,000 though. All of the stones are flawless diamonds. She gets it appraised like every 5 years and the value just keeps going up.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by okw+Jun 8 2005, 10:08 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 08:04 AM

[/QUOTE]

Tlunn,

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70491
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mine was like $650...
But it was what we could afford at the time and I picked a really unique set with a center stone, two little stones and baggets (sp? I think it is supposed to have a "q"
)
Anyway, it is special to me regardless of the price...I just wanted a ring on my finger at the time. I have never had it re-appraised...it might be worth more now...10 years later....

Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 8 2005, 10:15 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 10:04 AM

It was a set...I couldn't wear my band alone...it would look funny because it interlocks with my engagement ring.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70480

[/QUOTE]
Around here most people where both. I heard it said you where the engagement ring close to your heart and the wedding ring behind it or something like that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70494
[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually it is the wedding band closest to your heart...
If you get a "set" like mine that interlocks...they are all set that way.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Ummmm....what is a conflict diamond?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 8 2005, 11:13 AM
Ummmm....what is a conflict diamond?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70522
[/QUOTE]

Conflict diamonds are diamonds that are sold to fund the unlawful and illegal operations of rebel, military and terrorist groups. The countries most affected by conflict diamonds are Sierra Leone, Angola, Liberia and the Democratic Republic of Congo--all places where citizens have been terrorized, mutilated and killed by groups in control of the local diamond trade.[/B]
Bascially, most African diamonds are conflict diamonds though companies like De Beers are trying to clean up their act when it comes to buying conflict diamonds from that area. Canandian and Australian diamonds are conflict-free so that's all I'll buy from now on.. that and fakes.

Edit: Here's a good link that describes it a bit better.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
With the talk about rings and dresses, let me describe my next husband:

I want one who lives close enough by to go home when I'm tired of him, but here when I want him to be. He must accept all of my dogs, and future ones to come. I would like for him to check out my motorhome so that it's ready to go when a dog show is calling. He should see that my grounds and home maintence is done to perfection. He must not expect me to cook, do laundry, or clean. He will need to understand that I stay up late, and I sleep late. I'm grouchy in the morning, so I don't talk for the first hour or so, except to my Maltese friend.
You know, sounds like I need a good maintenance man instead

Hope you all have a good day. I'm off to work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Jun 8 2005, 10:49 AM
With the talk about rings and dresses, let me describe my next husband:

I want one who lives close enough by to go home when I'm tired of him, but here when I want him to be.  He must accept all of my dogs, and future ones to come.  I would like for him to check out my motorhome so that it's ready to go when a dog show is calling.  He should see that my grounds and home maintence is done to perfection.  He must not expect me to cook, do laundry, or clean.  He will need to understand that I stay up late, and I sleep late.  I'm grouchy in the morning, so I don't talk for the first hour or so, except to my Maltese friend. 
You know, sounds like I need a good maintenance man instead

Hope you all have a good day.  I'm off to work.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70533
[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 124 Posts