Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may seem strange, but Lacie really, really, really enjoys getting a bath. She will even come and ask to get in the tub if she thinks it's been too long since her last bath. She hates being dirty. And she loves, loves, loves the massages she gets from me when she's being bathed. She seems to "purr" almost like a little kitten.

Every morning before I leave for work, I wash the girls' faces, brush their teeth and redo their top knots. Lacie will let me know that it's time for me to do this too. This might have to do with the fact the she gets a "cookie" after we do this. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

Tilly is good during her grooming sessions and bathes, but you can tell that she just "tolerates" and it isn't her favorite experience in life. :unsure:

But my Lacie truly seems to look forward to being bathed and groomed. :chili: Do any of yours seem to like their bathes?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
LOL in two words Nope and Nope :w00t:

Mia sits there and tolerates it like a good girl :innocent:
Leo, I call turbo boy :blink: in his bath

Both are very good for daily grooming though.

What they do enjoy is aftwerwards :chili::chili: ripping, running and playing.

And Mommy has to change clothes as dear Leo has got her all wet.

So glad for you though Lynn, that must be a pleasure. What good girls.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I second the two words: "Nope...Nope" :p

I think that my two are more of a free-spirit water malts! If water means jumping in, swimming as much as they like, getting out whenever they wish, then yes! they are all for the water -it rocks their day- lol

BUT if it means that Kat holds them and asks them to stay still, does her job in bathing them, they get to do nothing other than stand, then "Nope...Nope" :p
If you are wondering about how they behave while being bathed, well they stay still and act like two good pups :) but you can just tell that they don't enjoy it. What they DO ENJOY from bath day is the second they leave the tub LOL they go wild ^_^

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Frank 'tolerates' his baths. It as if he knows it is a necessary evil. Truffles is like a wild dingo in the bath, and Lola is like wresting with a sausage. No love here. LOL!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I think Rocky tolerates it, but loves when I pour the warm water on his back with a big cup. He waits for that part. He hates being brushed. I still have trouble with his matting behind his ears, so I have to give him many treats to get through that part of his grooming.

His baths are his easier part for me. So he doesn't hate it, but doesn't love it either. You are very lucky...that's wonderful! You have such little sweeties..too cute!:wub:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Chloe hates getting her head wet, other then that she good about the bath. She is very very good about blow dry and brushing. Libby doesn't
care for either, move a lot.:angry: Alvin is Alvin :w00t: you got to catch him of guard and grab him. After that he is ok, he was terrible as a pup though.:smilie_tischkante: My big boy Reginald has alway been good about it, even at 16:wub:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
My non-Maltese lay down in the sink yesterday while I was bathing her. I don't know if she was enjoying it or going into a deep depression. :D She was very happy afterwards!

My Maltese, Butchie, was watching the whole process and I think he was envious of her! Today will be his day--we'll see if he regrets it. :D

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
when I say bath girl Matilda runs:HistericalSmiley:and hides:HistericalSmiley: she hates baths but doesn't mind being groomed:wub:, B&B doesn't mind having a bath:wub: but HATES being groomed
Lacie sounds like such a sweetheart:wub:

·
Registered
756 Posts
As we all know...Zippy hates baths. She is very good about it, tolerates it. The other Malts I had would hide under the bed which is a big bed...and crawling under it to get the little devils was a feat in itself.

Zippy sees me getting "the bag", and knows what is about to happen. She thinks getting up on the bed, and sinking into the pillows is hiding...

Please don't tell her any different :smrofl:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
YES! Sophia LOVES baths! So much to the point where she growls at me when I go to take her out. LOL She will run to the opposite side of the tub to get away like it's a game. I will have to post a video of her playing in the tub. It is hilarious! Bailey on the other hand HATES baths. She is also on that tolerates it but she will run and hide if she knows that it's bath time! LOL

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Um, no, Spookie really hates a bath. Acts like I'm killing her. But after, while soggy, gets to roll and play on my bed. Ok with me, makes drying time shorter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just gave Daisy her 1st bath today and she actually did pretty good! We video taped her. I am not sure if I did it right or not?? I just put some baby shampoo in the water and bathed her that way. Put a little more on her feet though as they were dirty from our walks around the block.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
None of mine like baths. Chloe gets in her crate, Noelle hides in the computer room under the futon and Riley jumps on the couch and flattens himself behind a pillow or behind the cat if she's on the couch. I guess he thinks he's hiding and hopes i can't see him. :)

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Rose tolerates her baths and also attempts to hide from me. She hates the dryer and won't stay still, but she enjoys her daily brushing and combing. My Lily enjoys her bath, likes to lie down in the sink, and will hold her little paws up for me to clean. She tolerates the dryer and loves being brushed. I won't say she loves it like your Lacie. She sounds like an absolute joy on bath day-you are blessed, my dear!:wub:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ollie doesn't like any kind of water...especially the bath water! I've tried praising, treats, etc. and nothing works. Any tips on how to brush his teeth and what type of paste do you use? I have chicken flavored and he hates it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts