Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I was on the floor playing with Callie since both Zoe & Jett felt the need for a little nap. It didn't take too long before Jett came and joined the party. Pretty soon it became apparent that I was no longer needed to the play session and Callie & Jett played, wrestled, tussled, chased, mouth jousted for almost 50 minutes. Somewhere in that time, Zoe came out and joined me on the couch as we both watched Jett and Callie's antics. Jett is clearly happy to have Callie here to play with. And Callie seems pretty happy as well. And even though Zoe's not thrilled with Callie yet, she seemed quite happy to be snuggling tight with me as we watched the younger two play. It was really a wonderful moment for me and I just wanted to share.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Awwwwww:wub::wub: I'm loving it, Crystal. A perfect blended family.:heart::heart:It makes the potty issue just disappear, doesn't it? I'm so happy for you. For all of you.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
So happy for you Crystal! I am having such a similar experience here with Truffles, Frank and Lola! Frank and Truffs are becoming buddies. They play like wild dingos! And Lola is content to sit and watch, once in a while they run over the top of her in thier antics. She is pretty tolerant, but she lets them know when it is too much for her. So far, this has worked out just as I envisioned! Not regreting it for a minute!! So, to any of you that are considering or in the process of adding another to your pack (and you all know who you are LOL!) I say....Go for it!!!
:happy dance::happy dance::happy dance:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, Crystal. There's absolutely nothing like it, right?!!!
Enjoy, sweetie.
xoxoxooxoxoxoox

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I'm very happy to hear about this, Crystal! Seems you all had an unforgetable time together!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone. This means so much to me because my Zoe is one to not always do well with a new dog. Temperament was crucial to adding a 3rd for me. Zoe and Jett get along now, but it took almost 2 years before they really played together. And even at that, it is not at all like the play that Jett and Callie do. It makes me a little sad that I did not get a little Callie sooner for Jett. And truth be told, Zoe would probably have been happiest as an only dog. It's so hard to really know. When our neighbor moved away with her BFF, Pepper, Zoe went into mourning. She was always under the bed. I felt like I had lost her. But even before that, I felt like I had lost her because all she wanted to do was see if Pepper was outside, or go over to Pepper's house. My neighbors said Pepper was the exact same way. So that is why I got Jett. I thought it would help. But there has never been another dog relationship that Zoe has had like she had with Pepper. So I'm really hoping that maybe with the bond that has so quickly developed with Jett and Callie, it will somehow make Zoe feel that there is more special mommy time. I've already taken her away for an outing just the two of us and she was in heaven! So I need to make sure I do that on a regular basis.:wub:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Thank you everyone. This means so much to me because my Zoe is one to not always do well with a new dog. Temperament was crucial to adding a 3rd for me. Zoe and Jett get along now, but it took almost 2 years before they really played together. And even at that, it is not at all like the play that Jett and Callie do. It makes me a little sad that I did not get a little Callie sooner for Jett. And truth be told, Zoe would probably have been happiest as an only dog. It's so hard to really know. When our neighbor moved away with her BFF, Pepper, Zoe went into mourning. She was always under the bed. I felt like I had lost her. But even before that, I felt like I had lost her because all she wanted to do was see if Pepper was outside, or go over to Pepper's house. My neighbors said Pepper was the exact same way. So that is why I got Jett. I thought it would help. But there has never been another dog relationship that Zoe has had like she had with Pepper. So I'm really hoping that maybe with the bond that has so quickly developed with Jett and Callie, it will somehow make Zoe feel that there is more special mommy time. I've already taken her away for an outing just the two of us and she was in heaven! So I need to make sure I do that on a regular basis.:wub:
I've heard that's why it's nice to have three, so you can take one for a special outing and there are still two left behind to keep one another company.

Now we need some pictures of your happy family!

·
Super Moderator
10,242 Posts
I'm so glad your new little sweeties is working out! Now I just need to get over there to see her!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
This evening I was on the floor playing with Callie since both Zoe & Jett felt the need for a little nap. It didn't take too long before Jett came and joined the party. Pretty soon it became apparent that I was no longer needed to the play session and Callie & Jett played, wrestled, tussled, chased, mouth jousted for almost 50 minutes. Somewhere in that time, Zoe came out and joined me on the couch as we both watched Jett and Callie's antics. Jett is clearly happy to have Callie here to play with. And Callie seems pretty happy as well. And even though Zoe's not thrilled with Callie yet, she seemed quite happy to be snuggling tight with me as we watched the younger two play. It was really a wonderful moment for me and I just wanted to share.:rolleyes:
OH Crystal....that sounds like a really cute picture to me. Love that all is going well with Callie!:wub:

·
Premium Member
10,200 Posts
I'm so happy to hear that things are working out so well, Crystal. Three blessed fluff babies to have such a wonderful Mommy, too. I wish you many more wonderful cozy and happy moments with Zoe, Jett, and Callie. :Flowers 2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts