Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I know I can go everywhere with my dog in France. My problem is going from Houston to Paris. Air France accepts small dogs inside the cabin and there is no quarantine in France. BUT, I cannot stand it thinking that Alex would have to stay for 10 hours under the seat. There is not much space between rows as it is and with a dog in a carrier in front of you where are you going to put your feet ? And beware of the window seat. There is not enough space to put your pet carrier under. It used to be soooo nice 20 years ago. They let you take out your pet and keep it on your lap during the flight. They even asked you if you wanted something to drink or eat for your dog. NOW, it stinks. We have not been to France together (my husband and me) because of Alex. We don't want to put him either in boarding. It just breaks my heart to know he would be here all alone. He has never been in boarding. I would not enjoy my stay because I would be thinking about him all the time. It's sad. All my family in France loves dogs and he would be welcome everywhere.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's so cool! I really hate that I have to smuggle the guys around here. They're not even allowed at the beach~well, they are, but only during the off season, and why on earth would I be at the beach during the new england winter?? The boys aren't even that good in their carriers anymore, so it's become impossible to hide them (they like to be out in the middle of all the action
). It's hard to get your dog out and about so they get used to everything when they're not allowed anywhere.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Doesn't sound any good to me. Airlines won't let you bring more than one dog (they think they're being nice if they let you put one in the cabin and the other with the baggage). How could I possibly choose which dog to bring and which dog to leave behind? Plus, the dogs are not NEARLY as interested in sightseeing in Europe or shopping as I am. I'd rather go on some kind of vacation that was geared at least 80% towards the dogs' entertainment and didn't limit me to only one baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts