Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have any of you travelled to Spain/France/Italy/Greece for less than two weeks and know whether you need new health certificates issued in that country to come back to the US ?

Also, what pet carriers did you use?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I've never traveled with a dog but I think the certificate is good for awhile. So I don't think you need to get another one. I would check with your vet to find out though.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 7 2005, 08:40 AM
I've never traveled with a dog but I think the certificate is good for awhile.  So I don't think you need to get another one.  I would check with your vet to find out though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117463
[/QUOTE]

The regular health certificate from your vet may not be what you need. For the past six months, I've had experience shipping dogs back and forth to Italy, and know that an international certificate for that country (bilinguil) was needed, and it had to be done by a USDA vet, not my own.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
The passport office also has information. I read recently that some countries in Europe are actually giving "Pet Passports" which allows pets to come right in and not be quarantened (sp?)

I am not sure about Europe, but when we took Sassy to the Bahamas her health cert. has to be within I think 30 days, but truthfull I don't remember it has been a couple of years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your posts. In the past I needed health certificates done by USDA vet here in US for my cats but I stayed over 6 months overseas and needed certificates from overseas vets to return. I was just curious whether 7-14 days wold require all that again.

Since I need to find out, I will post what I learn in case someone else is in the same boat as we are.

Thanks a lot to those trying to help.

Cheers,

Michelle

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Does anyone know if there are quarantine rules to enter England with a pet? My husband's older sister lives in England and we would love to visit her in April or May but I wouldn't want to leave Miko behind so I have been stalling on agreeing to go. We haven't seen her in 2 yrs (as long as we have had Miko) and I feel bad since she came to US for our wedding a few yrs ago...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts