Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is still at the vet's and in recovery. They told me everything went fine with her spay. She had to have 15 teeth pulled..they have her wrapped in blankets. I hope I can bring her home later today..I will update you all when I know anything further. I :smcry: after leaving her this morning. I know I won't feel better until I get her home..thanks for your prayers.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm glad little Eva did well. Leaving them for their first surgery is one of the hardest things to do as a dog mom. I think I actually cried a little when I left Sophie. My husband called it over-protective; I called it love.
I hope the vet will let you bring her home today. But if not, just know that she is in safe hands and wrapped in warm and cozy blankets. :heart:

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
April - forgive me for not seeing this about Eva. I was off line yesterday prepping for work and out on the shoot today. I'm glad she's out of surgery. 12 teeth - wow, she must have had a mouthful up until now. I know you can't wait to get her. Let us know how she's doing. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

My vet called again and wants to keep Eva overnight. She assured me that everything was okay..she wants to check her incision again first thing in the morning and said she will give her a shot for pain before leaving tonight..so it looks like I will have to wait. Both Rose and Lily spent the night and they did fine. I guess getting Eva tonight would not be a good idea since my vet wants to see her in the morning. I will update then. Thank you all for your support. It means everything to me.:heart::heart:

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
My vet called again and wants to keep Eva overnight. She assured me that everything was okay..she wants to check her incision again first thing in the morning and said she will give her a shot for pain before leaving tonight..so it looks like I will have to wait. Both Rose and Lily spent the night and they did fine. I guess getting Eva tonight would not be a good idea since my vet wants to see her in the morning. I will update then. Thank you all for your support. It means everything to me.:heart::heart:
April - tyler did stay over for his neuter. I know tomorrow morning won't come soon enough:(

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
First...WHEW! and YAHOO! that she came through her spay with flying colors!! Poor little thing about having to have so many baby teeth pulled. And I can imagine how hard it is not having her home with you. I'm sorry. But as much as I have fought to have my babies home with me that night, I think I'd let her stay too after having that many teeth removed. She'll sleep the whole night I bet.

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
So sorry to hear that your sweet baby has had to go through all this :( . I bet you guys will have some serious snuggle time in the a.m. though! Staying over night is no fun, but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry. Lifting up prayers for yall.:prayer:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
WE always tear up and even or leaving our fluffs, whether it's for surgery or for the rare times we kennel them for a trip.
I'm glad she's ok, poor little fluff ..15 teeth, does she have any left?

Nose kissies!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts