Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Guilty as charged,we're suckers too,all 5 of our dogs 4 malts and a cocker sleep w/ us. It's wonderful to fall asleep w/ them next to you and fun to see their little fluffy faces first thing in the morning.It always makes our day.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guilty as charged,we're suckers too,all 5 of our dogs 4 malts and a cocker sleep w/ us. It's wonderful to fall asleep w/ them next to you and fun to see their little fluffy faces first thing in the morning.It always makes our day.

How big is your bed?????:eek:

We have a king sized bed but my hubby and I like lots and lots of space.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Of course my 2 sleep with me, and depending on the time of year, they either are glued (cuddled) right next to me or are spread out on the king sized bed. Only 1 problem -- when I want to sleep in. If Tilly see me move a muscle, she "pounces" and get me up. Lacie would, however, sleep in with me forever. :)

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Tyler says, "Congrats, Chloe. You conned them perfectly." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: We were determined to have Tyler sleep in our bedroom on the floor or in his crate. But one trip to VT it was minus 4 degrees and it was way too cold on the floor so we let him up...just that once. And ever after!! He starts at the bottom of the bed every night but ends up as a third pillow every morning. I never know if I'll be looking at his cute little face :thumbsup: or his cute little butt.:blink:in the morning.
Love Chloe's bedhead. I'd love to wake up to that every morning. :wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
lol, Chloe is being on her best behavior, wait till she takes her place in the middle. Matilda is small but that girl pushes me right to the edge of the bed. They are soooo spoiled

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Yep, Nikki sleeps in the bed. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and her little face is right next to mine. Sigh....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
All 3 sleep with us too... when they decide they want to lay horizontally, it's the pits even in a Cali King size. I was joking last night that we needed to add a twin next to it just for the dogs :D

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Tyler says, "Congrats, Chloe. You conned them perfectly." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: We were determined to have Tyler sleep in our bedroom on the floor or in his crate. But one trip to VT it was minus 4 degrees and it was way too cold on the floor so we let him up...just that once. And ever after!! He starts at the bottom of the bed every night but ends up as a third pillow every morning. I never know if I'll be looking at his cute little face :thumbsup: or his cute little butt.:blink:in the morning.
Hunter's story is the same. He was sleeping in his crate next to my side of the bed but we went to my parents condo for Christmas (2 weeks after he came to live with us) and it was very cold and crowded with the xmas tree (we sleep in the living room) and so we put him in bed with us. When we came home - he refused to go back in the crate and we just said fine (bad parents aren't we). He now sleeps either between us (in winter) or at the bottom (in summer). Its really sweet EXCEPT when he pushes us off the bed!:w00t:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If I happen to wake up before she does, I see a sleepy face with some really bad bed head, a yawn, and the sleepy eyes close. I start my day with a smile.

If she wakes up before me, its a whole other story. There may be a nose in my ear sniffing to see if I'm in there. Or she may walk all over me. Or she may be pouncing and growling or barking at the Poodle to annoy him into waking me up. And then I get Poodle ears shaking in my face, with a sneeze, and a look that says MOM! Do something with her!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
lol- it's a slippery slope! Bisou sleeps in our bed too..but now she likes to sleep in between us on the pillow (I wish she'd move down to the end of the bed). She likes to be touching both of us at the same time. But I do love waking up in the morning and cuddling with her..that's my favorite time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had Bernie in her little doggie bed by my head her first night home and she slept in her bed for about two months after we brought her home but each night toward the end she would leak further and further out until she was smooshed between us in the bed. We gave up and now we can't go to sleep unless she's snuggled with us.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
:wub:King size bed,we told the sales lady it was for the dogs...like everything in our lives it seems. But we couldn't have it any other way,we just love to wake up to those fluffy little faces.:wub:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
awwwwh what an angel to wake up to <3 too cute ^_^

Actually, Snowy is is my 'wake up' alarm...except that it is much better than any alarm because it doesn't make noises. Instead, it uses the kisses to wake me up if I end up oversleeping AWWWWH.. After 7 AM, if you were still in bed, Snowy will wake you up (he amazes me), but he for sure does it because he wanna play in the garden. Every morning, we spend a short time in the garden - it is one of Snowy's fave part in the normal day. Crystal on the other hand only wakes up when mommy says so. She is a true angel. Love them both.

Kat

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
when Pearlan first got here, she decided that the master bedroom with the big bed would be hers!!:tender:
lucky for me she lets me share!:biggrin:

·
Registered
Frankie & Kelsey. Tanner & Jamie at The Bridge
3,592 Posts
Aw, how sweet. She look so cute in her PJ's. I have 3 Malts & one IG in my bed, and promptly at 5:00 a.m. we all get up, whether I want to or not! Enjoy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Started Ramsey in his kennel when I brought him home and he did fine, but like other said I was worried he was "cold". Now he sleeps with me, and (once again like others have said) he starts at the end of the bed then middle of the night wakes up and is usually at my side but always touching me some way. The first few days as soon as I moved he was right up and playing. Now I roll over and start petting him and he will fall back asleep until I get up (but then he's super excited, so much so he can start reverse sneezing if I'm not careful). It's so funny to hear that other Malts do the same thing.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
We're the ones who are spoiled,neither my hubby or myself can sleep w/o puppies. I've had hives so bad for 2 weeks,so I had to make them sleep in their carrier.That lasted 1 night,we missed them too much.Even w/ all the itching,I still needed my snuggle bugs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts