Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm starting to feel like I spend entirely too much time at the vets office
Harley was red around her stitches (from her spay) and I took her in just in case. She has to take antibiotics until the stitches come out because either she is irriated by the stitches (allergic or something) or she has been licking them. I think it must be irritation becuase I've kept her from licking them at least 98% of the time. I'm also supposed to put a warm compress on it three times a day for a few minutes :new_Eyecrazy: I just thought I'd post in case anyone else has had to do this. If you have, does the redness clear up pretty fast? Also, if the stitches can't get wet, what kind of warm compress do you suggest? Right now were using rice tied up in a sock and microwaved for only a few seconds. thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hope she's feeling better.

Hows this for practically living at the vets. When Tucker was in there with parvo, my hubby couldn't reach me on my cell phone, so he called the vets office and asked if I was there. Of course I was, they just laughed and handed me the phone. I told him if I didn't get off their phone, they were gonna put me to work, although I really wouldn't have minded. At least I would have been where my furbaby was.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
There have been months that I felt like I would have to live at the vets because my bills were so high - no $$$ left for the roof over my head!

Those little flax seed packs are nice heat, too. I made my own in a good size for Lady (she has arthritis) and they are great.

Harley definately needs to stay with her mom permanently after all this TLC!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts