Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A breeder that I found online STRONGLY recommended this food...
Here's the description:
Nutrient dense with vitamins, minerals, fats and fatty acids essential for the optimal health of your dog.  Three sources of high quality protein including chicken meal, fish meal and eggs derived from human-grade processing plants.  Rich in powerful antioxidants from fruits, vegetables and other natural sources.  Our patented grapeseed extract process ensures your dog receives greater amounts and a wide range of NATURAL antioxidant properties.

And does NOT contain corn, wheat, dairy, by-products, artificial colors or flavors found in other leading brands.

My question is, has anyone ever tried this or heard of this dog food? Right now Zoe is on Eukanuba small bites and she likes okay, but she's not in love with it. Also, it does have chicken by-products I think, which I know is not good, but Zoe's breeder recommended it. I ordered some of this food because I was curious about it.
What do you think of it?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Brittany Lot@Jun 19 2005, 02:50 PM
A breeder that I found online STRONGLY recommended this food...
Here's the description:
Nutrient dense with vitamins, minerals, fats and fatty acids essential for the optimal health of your dog.  Three sources of high quality protein including chicken meal, fish meal and eggs derived from human-grade processing plants.  Rich in powerful antioxidants from fruits, vegetables and other natural sources.  Our patented grapeseed extract process ensures your dog receives greater amounts and a wide range of NATURAL antioxidant properties.

And does NOT contain corn, wheat, dairy, by-products, artificial colors or flavors found in other leading brands.

My question is, has anyone ever tried this or heard of this dog food?  Right now Zoe is on Eukanuba small bites and she likes okay, but she's not in love with it.  Also, it does have chicken by-products I think, which I know is not good, but Zoe's breeder recommended it.  I ordered some of this food because I was curious about it. 
What do you think of it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73856
[/QUOTE]

Do you have the ingredient list for this product? The description certainly sounds wonderful! By-products are not necessarily "bad"... they just are a cheap low-quality protein . . . I would put her on a premium dog food...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Originally posted by Brittany Lot@Jun 19 2005, 01:50 PM
  Right now Zoe is on Eukanuba small bites and she likes okay, but she's not in love with it.  Also, it does have chicken by-products I think, which I know is not good, but Zoe's breeder recommended it.  I ordered some of this food because I was curious about it. 
What do you think of it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73856
[/QUOTE]

I think I would definitely get my pup off of Eukanuba after all the issues they've had with their food and animal mistreatment.

Read this here: http://www.iamscruelty.com/

I would need the actual ingredients to tell you about the other food.

·
Registered
416 Posts
After a bit of searching I found this:

Lifes Abundance

INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Potato Product, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)), Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Flavors, Flax Seed Meal, Egg Product, Fish Meal, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Carrots, Apples, Canola Oil, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Celery, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, Bifido bacterium bifidium fermentation product, Streptococcus faecium fermentation product, Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, Whole Clove Garlic, Spinach, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Panto-thenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Dimethyl-pyrimidinol Bisulfate (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, not less than .... 26.0%
Crude Fiber, not more than ...... 4.0%
Crude Fat, not less than .......... 16.0%
Moisture, not more than .......... 10.0%

It doesn't look like bad food to me, but not any better than say Chicken Soup or something along those lines. I'd definitely say its better than Eukanuba.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The beets, of course, I didn't even think of that! When you took Chico off of this food, did it help with his tear staining?

Okay, I don't think I want to give this to Zoe because of the beets.

What is the best premium food to put her on? I would really like to put her on one that won't contribute to tear staining...I had no idea Eukanuba was so crappy...I thought it was premium food!

What do you guys have your dogs on? I really want to get her off of Eukanuba now...so does PetCo sell anything good that you guys know of that I could go pick up?
Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I am not sure if it stopped because of the beets in the food or cause he stopped teething ,
I was using artimis but i can only get it online and with shipping it gets very pricey so i wanted to find a food both my boys can be on and i found Innova small bites and they love it .It is a high end food and chico has no staining but buddy does but he is still teething he is 6 months old and he didn have any stains when i got him at 11 weeks i think some dogs do and some do not .But i wouldnt feed them anyting with artafical red dyes in it . I love the innova and you should be able to find it at your local pet shop but not petco good luck! ~ Denise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.