Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I just bought some boxes of end wraps yesterday and the paper ones are on sale this month for .99 and the mesh ones are $2.69. I hope that this helps. Julia

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
These prices sound a lot more realistic! I was in shock when he told me the price. I asked twice and he seemed positive.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Charmy Poo...were you carrying your two new Juicy bags? Maybe he had a sales quota to meet and saw a potential big spender. Of course I'm only kidding...I have to say that the sales people at our Sally's don't really seem to know much of anything about any of their products. I prefer to go to Ulta.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hehehe. I actually just called in and didn't go in. I didn't even know we had Sally's in Toronto until I looked on their site. I guess eBay is the way to go.

Don't remind me of the bags. I am still regretting buying them. I have them shipped to my friend in the US and she will be bringing them back next week for me. Saks does not ship to Canada

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Oh wow!!! there is NO WAY on this earth that Chloe would sit still or rather lay still for me to do that.

Saying that, I have not seen or heard of these mesh wraps or elastic bands that you use. Even the styling hair stuff. Never seen it or heard about it.

Im telling you we need someone here to open a store with stuff from the States. Im sure the malts who show their dogs must have something. But on that note, because western australia is such a small place (regardless of the size of the country) the entire population is just under 2 million!! we dont have the shows and stuff like you do so maybe there isnt the market for this kind of things.

Maybe in the eastern states but I still havent seen it.

Im definately going to have to make a trip to the States sometime. Ill have soo much stuff I guess Ill have to pay excess baggage!!

Dede and Chloe from down under

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Forget it , I can't even catch Sparkey. I'm sitting here and laughing at the pictures. Mikey looks so relaxed
almost going to sleep. The only way I can get Sparkey in that position is with a tranquilizer

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Jackie,

That is the most perfect topknot pictorial I have EVER seen anywhere, in books, www, or otherwise, on how to do a top knot!!! It was quite generous of you to take time to help others.

Thank you so much.

~Carole, Bella, and Krista~

p.s. I agree this pictorial needs to be SAVED (pinned).

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
Jackie,

That is the most perfect topknot pictorial I have EVER seen anywhere, in books, www, or otherwise, on how to do a top knot!!! It was quite generous of you to take time to help others.

Thank you so much.

~Carole, Bella, and Krista~

p.s. I agree this pictorial needs to be SAVED (pinned).[/B]
I agree, thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, Thank you for the instructions and the pictures. I always wondered how they happen to look so nice for the shows. Now I can try it. Thanks again.

Mary

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I love the way you showed how to do a top knot and as soon as my little girl gets a little somithing long enough to knot, I'm gonna do it. You baby is also beautiful by the way. Thanks for all the pictures!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jackie,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for a tutorial like this. One thing that I've had trouble gauging is how much of the hair between their eyes goes up in the top knot. I've been going straight across the bridge of the nose, but it looks like you have a section that goes down to a point - sort of a "V" shape. Also, do you go straight across the back of the hair (between the ears), or is it more rounded? I can never decide which hair goes in the top knot. I haven't been using the papers, but use the light weight pink bands (from lainee) directly in the hair. Then I cut them out at night and brush out the top knot. Will they break the hair, or are they pretty gentle?[/B]

Okay I a going to try this. I am a clutz by heart,thumble fingers and all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you so much for the picture tutorial, It was fantastic!! I really mean it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The step by step instructions for a top knot is wonderful. I have a couple of questions. First did your Maltese always love their hair brushed? My Oliver is not fond of brushing but we are working on it. Second, how did you get your Maltese to lay their head on the towel and be perfectly still for doing a top knot?

I can't wait to try the top knot in Oliver's hair. He has a vet appointment Saturday morning and I'm going to try for the top knot before going to the vet's. One does want to look their best when seeing the doctor. Heaven knows when the vet's done with him he's not going to be a happy puppy.
Thank you.

Eileen

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial, it was great!!
I am always putting topknots in all my dogs' hair but I have never used the papers. By putting in the papers does it prevent the hair from breaking? I have a lot of problems with their hair breaking from the bands.
Would you use the same method for a yorkie? Wouldn't you be able to see the paper then?

41 - 60 of 114 Posts