Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh Man, I have had 3 offers in the last 2 months to stud out Vinny. I know he is hot and all but man come on. 2 were malts that haven't even met him yet and one woman in town has a Yorkie. Now because I have a bit of a big mouth and am very opinionated when it comes to spay/neuter I have to go into this big spiel about responsible breeding, etc. Has any one else has unsolicited offers?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
all the time, but not worth it to me....i don't want the probs that come with it. parker's parents are still out there makin babies, so no need for him to spread his genes.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I had a lady that used to work with me ask if I wanted to breed Lexi with her male bichon!
Lexi was only 4 months old at the time. She was going on and on about how I shouldn't spayed her. I was "NO!". I was so shocked.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I used to get it a lot from my welsh corgi cocker spaniel mix i used ot have it was kinda funny becuase he was a rescue dog so he was neutered at like 8 weeks so even though i would have never done it it wasnt even an option

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah the same thing still happens with the girls. and i just say "they're spayed" and then people look all upset and say "oh, what a shame".

i would hate to experience childbirth....and hate it more to watch the girls go through it!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Same with Lacey. She is just so cute. I tell people that she is spayed and people just look at me like I am nuts. I have even had people tell me that I paid money for her so I should breed her to recoup what I paid for her. Some people just think I should breed her to make money.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've gotten that on Tuffy too.. people just don't understand why I wouldn't stud him out. Yes, he's the cutest thing ever, but he isn't exactly a perfect specimen of the breed and I don't want him going around trying to do every female dog that wanders by. I'm surprised that people are so uneducated about fixing pets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts