Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two lots of brilliant news :w00t:
Was speaking to my hadleys breeder the other day and she asked if I knew anyone who would rehome (for free!) a 2yr old dog called Sedae Gold Quest aka justin this is him

he is living with her mum and one of the other dog's is picking on him so he needs a new home, his dad is Ch Benatone Gold Ring

so he will never be sold because if he got into the wrong hands people would breed off him and make a fortune! (Breeder does not agree with neuturing so he still has his bits!) So... We are picking him up the first week in October! He is going to live with my mum and I will have him during the day so he isnt on his own Me and mum are so excited!!!!
So then breeder asked If I wanted to take the pup at the same time! :w00t: Im so pleased because I dont know how I was going to wait until december to get him! Pretty sure this is the little guy I will be bringing home...

I have decided to be sensible and just go and get Justin, then get the puppy a week later, as I think travelling two new dogs to two different homes will be stressful! I am so excited! Hoping the time will fly as I cant wait to bring two fluffs home!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
oh how exciting!!!

Does your breeder have a problem with Justin being neutered in a new home?

Your little pup is just too cute for words! I bet you and your mom will be very happy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, breeder just does not neutur her dogs, she believes it creates health problems and I never neutered my last dog (couldnt bear the thought of leaving him at the vets) so justin and the pup will be kept entire. I could have them done but I trust her advice not to do it!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Hi, breeder just does not neutur her dogs, she believes it creates health problems and I never neutered my last dog (couldnt bear the thought of leaving him at the vets) so justin and the pup will be kept entire. I could have them done but I trust her advice not to do it!

Oh my both your boys are so precious. Congrats!!!!

It's wonderful that you trust your breeder, and ask for their input, but once they are in your loving arms, I tell people all the time, it is SO important to find a reputable vet, who has vast knoweldge on every breed, especially the smaller ones like the Maltese.

I think it puts an undo burden, just in general, not in your case, on the breeder, after the pup has left their home, to ask for medical advice. It's wonderful to get their input, but also rely heavily on the vet that you researched, and trust and also has your babies best interest in mind.

I do wish you all the best with these upcoming beauties coming to your home. :wub:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Even though we speak the same language (English), there is definitely a difference in attitude toward spay/neuter of pets in Great Britain. However, all it takes is for one beloved girl to have mammary cancer, or boy to get testicular cancer and you might change your mind about spay/neuter. :unsure:

Congrats on the new kids. They are adorable! :happy dance:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Boy, that would scare me, placing an unneutered adult male with a very desirable pedigree! Your breeder is lucky to have you and your mom!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Wow they are both beautiful fluffs.. As for leaving them intact for health reason, I always thought it was the other way around, but I'm not
an expert. Enjoy your new family!!

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I am an American who has lived in Europe since 1974---several different countries---and I can tell you that it is true that there are differing opinions on neutering. Here it is difficult to find someone to neuter a pet and it is difficult to find someone to put a pet down. Expect to be highly criticized for doing so here. The vet partner to my very excellent vet never voiced it exactly but I knew she was opposed to my putting down my rescue dog who had a serious fibrosarcoma----she did not put her OWN dog down when it became necessary---she DID stick closely by him until he died. I know how much she loved that dog! My vet supported me in my decision---they work out of the same office!
There are health reasons to neuter & reasons not to neuter. . . just sayin'. Cultures vary in many aspects---this being one!

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Congratulations!!! :)

I hope you will post more pics when you get these precious little ones. They are both stunning. :wub:

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
The 2 yr. old is really wonderful looking, and so is the puppy. I am extremely surprised at the different opinion on spay/neuter there. It must be very difficult for breeders to sell dogs as pets and not have just any ole' body letting the dogs breed to anything, or setting up their own breeding kennel. You would sure have to trust your pet buyers.:blush:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am an American who has lived in Europe since 1974---several different countries---and I can tell you that it is true that there are differing opinions on neutering. Here it is difficult to find someone to neuter a pet and it is difficult to find someone to put a pet down. Expect to be highly criticized for doing so here. The vet partner to my very excellent vet never voiced it exactly but I knew she was opposed to my putting down my rescue dog who had a serious fibrosarcoma----she did not put her OWN dog down when it became necessary---she DID stick closely by him until he died. I know how much she loved that dog! My vet supported me in my decision---they work out of the same office!
There are health reasons to neuter & reasons not to neuter. . . just sayin'. Cultures vary in many aspects---this being one!
I am originally from Europe (France exactly). I agree with you about neutering and spaying but when it comes to euthanizing all depends on the vet. I am still mad at a vet who euthanized my parents 2 year old dachshund. He not even tried to save him. The only thing he said was that he cannot help him. When it was time to put down our 17 year old dachshund the vet came home to do it. He did not try to talk my mom out of doing it. The poor baby was in such pain you could not even touch her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts