Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Excessive Greeting Disorder

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  nataliecmu 
#1 ·
Sylphide smothers me in crazy hugs and kisses whenever I come home--whether I was gone for five minutes or all day.
She won't give up until she feels that I have been thoroughly "greeted".
Sometimes she works herself into such a frenzy that I have to hold her tight to calm her down...

Are your babies excessive greeters?

See less See more
#2 ·
That describes Peanut too!! I swear, whether I've been gone for 9 hours or if I just go to the bathroom for a minute, he jumps and hugs and kisses for at least 10 minutes! I love it though
But if you try to ignore him, the excited 'yips' become 'Hey you!! pay attention to meeeeee" barks.

#3 ·
Sylphide runs over to the couch and barks at me to sit down so she can jump on my lap and give me hugs and kisses! She does the same with my husband and son...and gets really upset if she doesn't get proper greeting time

However, once she is done greeting, she only wants to hug and kiss on her terms, if and when she feels like cuddling

#4 ·
Oh yes. Add this to the long list of similarities between Sylphide and Chloe. She goes beserk whenever I come home, all the while giving me that look which says "You left me Mama - How dare you!"

Chloe has a very hard time staying alone, because I work from home and basically she has never *had* to be left. I came to the realization that I didn't train her properly to be left alone in her crate, and that's okay. When I do have to go out I have someone that stays with her and she's fine. I digress - yes greets me over and over until she feels that I have been bestowed with enough attention.

#5 ·
I am as excited to see them as much as they are when I've been away to school or something. But I just hate it when Cloud gets so excited, that he squirts a lil bit and then licks himself before he kisses me. What is a mother to do? Noriko doesnt like to be picked up but when she greets you, she's so happy, she doesn't care.

#6 ·
This decribes Baxter perfectly. I am so happy that I do not have the only excessive greeter. He is so sweet, it usually take 10 minutes to calm him down when I get home then we go through it all over once my son and husband come home-EVERYDAY. Aren't they sooo precious!!

#10 ·
Yes, mine both give me a great big greeting. They fight over who can get the closest to me and here I am patting one with one hand and the other with my other. Kallie does her squeal, which is what she does when she is excited. They both jump around and do the "happy dance".

#16 ·
I don't think it is excessive...
I DESERVE that wonderful greeting!
Nobody else is ever quite that excited to see me anymore! Heck, Brinkley gets excited when I come back from taking the trash out!
I love it!!!

Hubby and kids get a greeting, but not like mommy's.
My son always frowns and says..."Brinkley loves mommy the best!" Hubby says they get the sloppy seconds! :D

#17 ·
I am so lucky to own my own business which allows me to take Rudy to work with me everyday.But when I do have to leave him no matter how long.He's waiting at the door ready to explode with excitment! It's so wonderful.No matter how bad a day has been or how rotten my mood may be, when I open the door and Rudy's there barking,snorking,wagging and jumping just to get in my arms and then kisses me all over my face. All negitive enegry leaves and
full the heart! Isn't a maltese a nice thing to come to?

#18 ·
Originally posted by puppylucy@Mar 14 2005, 08:53 PM
natalie -

what a cuuute signature!! 
tini is quite the little lady
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43329
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!! LadyMontava put it together for me!

Originally posted by lonestar@Mar 16 2005, 10:07 AM
IBut when I do have to leave him no matter how long.He's waiting at the door ready to explode with excitment!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43747
[/QUOTE]

That is such a good way of explaining it! HAHA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.