Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Excessive Licking

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lissa 
#1 ·
I have been noticing that of late maxi keeps sticking his tongue out and is licking the air or me or anything he can is something wrong??

#2 ·
does he have loose teeth? i forget how old he is. sprite does it to lick her fur...she also likes to lick me. and its totally constant? like he wont stop?? maybe he bit his tongue? gruffis done that.
i hope you find an answer. give us an update.

#5 ·
'Rocco is approx. 4 years old and he constantly licks -- the air, the bed linens, clothing, me, my fiance...

Last year when I first signed on with MO, I posted about this, wondering if it could possibly be post traumatic stress syndrome, but never got any responses. I should have known then that they were behaving in an elitist fashion. *SIGH*

Anyway, back to subject at hand, I've recently read that Maltese will (sometimes) lick out of boredom. This may not be the answer in your case, but maybe if you try distracting Maxi from licking, you'll be able to nip the problem in the bud. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.