Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My furbaby has this obsession with licking everything and anything he comes in contact with, its to the point where i need him to stop, any suggestions? I love to have him on my bed but it seems like all wants to do is lick my sheets its to the point that theres spots and spots of saliva everywhere. He can lick for hours if i dont interrupt him. How can i control this???

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My dogs do the same thing. Peanut (he's the older one) has gotten better about it. Whenever I catch them doing this I just say no and give them a toy or a chew bone to distract them from the licking. One time the wet spot was so big that I thought he peed on my bed. Peanut doesn't do it often anymore, but it's to the point that just saying no will get him to stop.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 25 2005, 05:21 PM
My dogs do the same thing.  Peanut (he's the older one) has gotten better about it.  Whenever I catch them doing this I just say no and give them a toy or a chew bone to distract them from the licking.  One time the wet spot was so big that I thought he peed on my bed.  Peanut doesn't do it often anymore, but it's to the point that just saying no will get him to stop.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56430
[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he grows out of it, he's only 5 months..... It just gets kinda gross sometimes. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki does this also... he is now 2 and 1/2 and if I tell him to stop he will, but he pouts about it

Judi

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
sometimes allergies will cause them to lick...and it doesnt have to be them licking them self..it can be other objects....or it can be just a puppy who likes to lick

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
littlepeanut- that new avatar pic is adorable!!
how are things w/ the new puppy going?

btw, lucy licks too.. more people than stuff though

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@Apr 25 2005, 08:49 PM
littlepeanut- that new avatar pic is adorable!!
  how are things w/ the new puppy going?

btw, lucy licks too.. more people than stuff though 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56582
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!! It was one of the only pics I got with them both looking at me. Things are going really well. I'm actually a little surprised that it has been so easy for Tic to settle in. Every once in a while I catch the two of them cuddling, but most of the time TicTac is trying to bully Peanut
. Thanks for asking Jessica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts