Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Bambi drank a lot of water at my parents house, but when I got home, instead of peeing all at once, she peed like a little bit, 10 times within 5 minutes of each other...is this normal or could it be a sign of kidney problems. She hasn't been doing it today and she is 10 weeks old. She does pee a lot generally and the doctor said that is normal for such a young puppy, but peeing so frequently as she did last night began to worry me a little.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I am not a vet, etc. but if she only did it for one day and doesn't do it again, then everything is probably OK... or if you want reassurance, you may want to call the vet just to let him know and see what he thinks...

When she squated all those times, did urine come out? A sign of a bladder infection is squatting and thinking they have to go but nothing comes out because there is nothing left in their bladder. They just keep squatting and thinking they have to go when they actually don't really have to.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
If it was a one time thing, I wouldn't worry. If the frequent urination like that continues, she should be checked for a UTI or other problem (liver shunt, ectopic ureters, etc.).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts